advertisement

Collecting vinyl is not hoarding!

No, no, no. This is hoarder talk, eg this record brings back a holiday in Sardinia when I was a student in my final year. If you havent listened to a record in 3 years then bin it. There is new stuff to listen all the time.

I say this as someone who has 500+ never played LPs and no record player frightened to sell even one.

I have around 3,000 albums and for the last few decades have easily listened to well over 1,000 albums a year.

Show her your database and your selection criteria. Point out to her that for every 100 records that you buy umpteen of others are being sold.

I'm still buying LPs and CDs, selectively.

Started rating them a couple of years back and eventually will start selling those at 5/10 or less

Around 4000 vinyl and 3000 CD's here. Obviously many don't get played regularly and there are clearly favourites. Around half my collection was passed down from my late Grandfather, who was a keen collector of classical music, particularly Italian opera. It's wonderful to have these as a memory of him, particularly as I can play the vinyl on his mint 1974 LP12 for even more history! Makes me quite sad that tomorrow's generation will not have this type of legacy, Spotify playlists would not be quite the same thing!

advertisement

Back