advertisement

Clayhill

Spike

pfm Member
Hi,

Anyone out there into Clayhill and in particular Small Circle Acoustic?

Cheers

Graham

Ive got Clayhill small circle but not acoustic, I bought it on the basis it had the singer out of a band called Sunhouse who did an awesome album called Crazy on the weekend. Wow what a dissapointment, hardly ever play it shame sunhouse never produced another album though.

Ok not the most well known or successful band ever!! there used to be a great cd shop in eastleigh called Pinpoint and every year they published the top 50 albums according to each of the two musicheads that worked there. That year sunhouse was in the top ten, and after a quick listen I bought it, never heard of them before or since but bought their album and it was bloody good (had sinead oconnor doing backing vocals on one track). The thing that made them really good was the acheing vocal of the lead singer, Gavin forget the surname who went on to feature in Clayhill to nowhere near the same spine chillin effect IMO of course!!

Gavin Clark who has also worked with Shane Meadows on several films and was last seen singing live with U.N.K.L.E.

I saw Clayhill a few years ago when Diverse Music were promoting unplugged gigs at the local arts centre. I thought that they were rather wonderful.
The Guardian reviewed them a few days later and also liked them but commented that the rather melancholic lead singer, who I really liked , was like someone who had turned up at your house to give you bad news about your gas boiler.
Made me laugh but I still bought their records
Cheers
Glenda

advertisement

Back