advertisement

Classifieds

coyg

pfm Member
As a quite infrequent poster i've obviously not amassed the required amount of posts to enable me to list in the classifieds.
As a user of another forum you can pay a yearly fee which i happily do as i do use that particular forum quite a bit.
Lately i find myself on Pink Fish a lot more though only viewing rather than posting. I'm not one to contribute to a thread if i haven't got something worthwhile to add. So i'm not looking to bump up my post count just to list in the classifieds.

I know you can donate to the forum , but can you pay a fee which will give me the required access to the classifieds. I'd actually only want to post a wanted ad for now .

Just list it on the wam, unless it's Naim it's got more chance of selling on there anyway.

The whole point of the >50 post rule is to enable prospective buyers / sellers to be able to review a poster's content / contribution to the community and better form a decision as to whether they wish to enter into a deal with that person, i.e. it's not a meaningless hurdle. As such I can't really offer ways around it.

PS IIRC WigWam runs the same system.

You can buy a super wammer subscription that allows you to list on there with just 1 post, I suspect the OP is actually referring to the wam.

Hi tony , yes i was referring to the wam . the wigwam does run the same system Regarding 50 posts or you can pay subs and gain access to the classifieds that way .

I didn't want to be seen as just posting rubbish in order to bump my post count up . I just thought I'd ask the question about subs . ( for want of a better way of putting it ! )

Actually what I think you would be a good idea would be that anyone wishing to list in the classifieds should pay you £5 that way you will have a record of their card details that can be used for address lookup or ID verification to help guard against scammers.

I'd happily pay a £5 sub towards the running of the site if it improved security or helped improve the site.

I'm not suggesting that you post rubbish here or anywhere but it would be more than legit to post "I'm interested in an XYZ, what should I look for, what else is good?" and you'd both learn something and get to 50 posts. Equally, it wouldn't take long before someone said they had one going. After that it's up to you.

Actually what I think you would be a good idea would be that anyone wishing to list in the classifieds should pay you £5 that way you will have a record of their card details that can be used for address lookup or ID verification to help guard against scammers.

I'd happily pay a £5 sub towards the running of the site if it improved security or helped improve the site.

I would be happy to go along with that as long as the £5 was returned at the official leaving of the Forum..or even maybe, losing the Fiver if I leave.. it is a small sum for what it proposes to deliver..

I don't think 50 posts is very many, still less chance of scammers though I guess. I'd happily pay a fiver to pfm, nice forum.

Whilst I'm always delighted to recieve contributions / donations etc I far prefer doing so voluntarily via the 'Donate' button on the menu bar under the logo. The 'subs' system effectively means I'd end up underwriting private classified adverts to some degree, which I don't feel able to do. I see my role as providing and administrating the forum platform. Assessing the credibility of another party in a transaction has to come down to the person in that deal: choose your own security checks and impanelment them to your satisfaction. I've tried to give some basic pointers and advice both in the FAQ (again on the green menu bar) and also stickied in the classified room itself, but beyond that it's up to you lot IMO! The good thing is this, along with the 50 post rule, does seem to make for a trustworthy site. There have only been a tiny number of issues etc out of countless transactions to my knowledge.

advertisement

Back