advertisement

Classic TT/arm combinations

I don’t know if it would be considered a ‘classic combination’, but an original Mission 774 arm was fitted to my
LP12 over 40 years ago.
I’ve never considered ever changing it for any other arm...

I have the same combo. I've only ever considered trying an ittok instead, as I thought the Akito I had on before when I oroginally bought my Lp12.. was a very fine partner indeed with it. In fact I think this is a better pairing, even if most would say the (light) 774 a far better arm.

But as the ittok idea would be £400 or summink nowadays.. I'll never have the option of trying one! & sticking with my 774.

Capt

Assuming so, what sort of cartridge matching consideration needs to happen. The arm is pretty low mass, and I recall seeing a table somewhere of cart compliance vs arm mass. Anybody know what I'm referring to?
There is a table at Vinylengine somewhere.
Sticking with my combo of PT1 and 774 original - with brief spells of separation to try a Nima and an Audiomods they have been a couple for 15 years and have no reason to try anything else.

Thanks, yes, I've tried to find it on Vinyl Engine, without success. I don't have an account there, and it won't let me set one up, so perhaps I'm lacking some functionality and access, but for such a valuable and useful resource, I find that site almost wilfully unhelpful. If I ever find what I need, luck has usually played a significant part!

I knew there were problems with website scraping at VE and HE but hadn't realised new registrations were completely closed down.

advertisement

Back