advertisement

Classic records reissues of Blue Note

Hi hockman,

Here's a list of the discontinued sets in case anyone here was interested in finding them:

http://www.mosaicrecords.com/outofprint.asp
o_O scar

Good luck finding these at reasonable prices :p. Too many scalpers out there. My view is that the Mosaics are good but don't really justify the outrageous prices that the OOP boxes command generally.

I'd give my money to Mosaic over any of the audiophile LP reissuers any day. These guys do a serious job in keeping musically important and rare recordings available rather than try to make a buck on reissuing the same old tired shit to a bunch of gullible audiophiles.

Good luck finding these at reasonable prices :p. Too many scalpers out there. My view is that the Mosaics are good but don't really justify the outrageous prices that the OOP boxes command generally.

I'd give my money to Mosaic over any of the audiophile LP reissuers any day. These guys do a serious job in keeping musically important and rare recordings available rather than try to make a buck on reissuing the same old tired shit to a bunch of gullible audiophiles.

Good morning hockman,

Once again I'm in total agreement with you that some of the re-issuers are doing it to death. But take into account there's new blood coming over to vinyl from the iPod generation whom don't know much about this stuff - not along what a record shop might look like.

As for me I've always purchased Japanese pressings be that LP's - CD's or SA-CD's, as I've always been able to justify the cost differences based upon what I've always heard as a greater sense of fidelity that many of the domestic pressing - especially during the 70's were lacking due to a lower grade of wax.

So spending $30-50 per disc was never an issue for me, as I'd much rather have then have not - and besides I'm very very very much into Blue Note as well as Presitge - Riverside - Columbia - Verve - Pacific/World Jazz - Cobblestone/Muse - Contemporary and a few other labels to boot.

But as I often watch what those original versions go for - and I'm talking between $200 - $1.390 or so each, $50 to me seems worthwhile.

I'd much rather have more invested into my record collection, then on my stereo system - because if that what some have done or fallen too?, then your priorities are wrong. One should always have the greatest amount spent where it counts most - said music collection, as it makes little sense to me to own say a $250.000 system, with only 50 or so odd records to play on it.

Talk about " Airhead ". But maybe that's just me talking?, as I see quite of few of my closest friends go this route, but are always trying to borrow my LP's - and that's something I just don't do. As mentioned earlier on " I'm into NM/Mint LP's " and in order to keep them that way, I don't allow them to leave the comforts of my listening space. Which then forces said friends to support their own habit of feeding their turntables - because that's that way it's meant to be. Wouldn't you agree!.

Regards,
o_O scar

advertisement

Back