advertisement

Classic Audio

daytona600

Concino Concrete will open on April museum in Seoul.
Both will display a stunning selection of iconic speakers such as Western Electric, Klangfilm, EMT, and related legendary and rarest audio paraphernalia from the 20 century.
western_electric_speakers_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_%2B2021_%2B-%2B6.jpg

Western_Electric_Klangfilm_EMT_speakers_review_mono_and_stereo_matej_isak_2020_2021_2022_%2B-%2B1.jpg

western_electric_speakers_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_%2B2021_%2B-%2B7.jpg

Wow-wee!
Love the gear. Not sure about the wobbly wooden table for the THORENS! And the all those solid reflective walls will give it a 'cathedral' sound...

It’s a reminder of how domestic and individualistic the whole hifi phenomenon is. Difficult to preserve and commemorate it in the usual public ways.

I can't actually recall hearing of anyone having a Thorens Reference now I think about it...

I remember a gold plated one with several gold plated arms on it on static display at a show when they came out. They had uniformed security guards around it! No doubt a marketing thing...

Slightly off topic but classic and a real gem. It's all BBC. Spot the 3 Troughlines being used for re-broadcasting R2 etc by an early local radio station after they went off air at only 9pm (whatever)... And Garrards, and Quads, and EMI, and Leevers-Rich, and Ferrograph's, and loads of LS3/5A's etc. The article on tape at the BBC is worth it on its own.

http://www.orbem.co.uk/index.htm

I'm going to print these images so next time SWMBO complains about my hifi room......
Thanks, some good looking kit there (even from an engineering perspective, without knowing what's-what) Hope the spindly pillars in the last photo are up to it!

advertisement

Back