advertisement

Class "D" amplification with Shahinian Obelisks...

Hi Keith - the NDS is purely an Ethernet streamer albeit with a few digital inputs. No ripping function. A very good source with the usual multitude of power supply options. It replaced the NDX as the top streamer in the Naim catalogue. The HDX SSD is the MAN 301 equivalent with the cheaper Unitiserve doing nearly the same job as the HDX but without the audio output board.

James

James Hi, thanks so the NDS will play from internet radio etc and files from external storage , does it have an inbuilt dac, and storage is internal?
Kr Keith.

Hi Keith - Entry point is about 8k with the basic XP5XS PSU and goes right up to the full monty with dual 555PS supplies at 18k or so.

James

PS - Apologies to the original poster. We seem to have gone rather off topic :(

PS - Apologies to the original poster. We seem to have gone rather off topic :([/QUOTE)

No big thing, all good info! Tim

I drive my nominally 4 Ohm Totem Arros with a Primare A34.2 without a hint of an issue. You want bass control? I have that!

Two drive units vs 8 for the Obelisk. The base doesn't go down as far 40Hz vs 28 (-3dB) for the Obs and its that that puts a high current demand and requires good damping factor. With the Obs you actually feel those deeeep notes through the foundations. The Obs impedance hovers around 2 Ohm in the important treble region and many amps aren't that happy driving into such a low value.

Oh and the Obs cast 5x as much!

Cheers,

DV

advertisement

Back