advertisement

Christmas Wine III

I like our Chardonnays. I have my favourite, have had it for 30 years. Mâcon Lugny Les Charmes. Cheap (here) and reliable.
Whose do you get? Cave de Lugny?

Yes. But that’s because my wife’s grandfather was a viticulteur there. The village is not far.

Last edited:
Reactions: PsB
Had a beautiful bottle of Kleine Zalze Family Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon (2017) on Friday. I’m rubbish at describing wine, but there was lots going on, and the tannins were helpful rather than intrusive. Went really well with the slow cooked beef cheeks we were eating. I have one bottle left. Will definitely look to get more. It’s pricier than I remember, though.
They have a lovely golf course at De Zalze. Gorgeous wine estate with wine tasting afterwards:)

20240423214722-a496faea-me.jpg

What it is: 2019 Clos de Mosny, Montlouis, by the late Jacky Blot.

More details please: Glorious, off-dry Chenin Blanc. Best Chenin ever for me aside from Gaston Huet’s sweet numbers.

Purchase details: Bought spring 2022 for £18.75 during a Waitrose promo. Good luck with ever seeing that again, though.

Tonight being paired with: The Bridge, by Sonny Rollins. £3.99 at Bezos World. Daft not to buy it at that price if you don’t have a copy already.

Not to be confused with: Clos Michot (similar, another of Jacky’s), Clos de Gat (from a different continent), Clos des Papes (closer, but still very different), Clodagh Rodgers (on whom I had a crush, aged 13 or so.)

i.php

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
The moment that you realise that you've opened a bottle of Guigal Cote-Rotie and not a midweek bottle of Guigal Cotes du Rhone!
An upgrade that needs to be paired with The Fall and their version of Lost in Music. No Clodagh Rogers but there is a mention of Lulu just after the first tune. I recently met a youngster called Clodaghmiere, she was amazed that I was able to pronounce her name. Generational thing.

After much discussion and back and forth at this place called wine time when I asked for sparkling wine he eventually produced s bottle of Pommery.
Not bad 7 euros a glass.

The moment that you realise that you've opened a bottle of Guigal Cote-Rotie and not a midweek bottle of Guigal Cotes du Rhone!
An upgrade that needs to be paired with The Fall and their version of Lost in Music. No Clodagh Rogers but there is a mention of Lulu just after the first tune. I recently met a youngster called Clodaghmiere, she was amazed that I was able to pronounce her name. Generational thing.

Which year was it and how was it. Someone said to me that they don't really need so much bottle age so I'm curious.

advertisement

Back