advertisement

Christmas morning playlist - what are you playing?

windhoek

The Phoolosopher
I'll be starting off with Christmas Songs by Diana Krall. After that, I might play some classical music although I'm not sure what that will be.

Anyway, Diana Krall, here I come :)

51us6s87EZL._AC_US218_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Mmm. Imseem to have commenced proceedings differently.

Dream Theater. Awake.

The play list will mellow...

I've gone rogue with my next choice: Aero by Jean Michel Jarre... and I like it :)

41Yku5rcK+L._AC_US218_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Iris Ackamoor and the Pyramids - We all be Africans

Lunch is prepped, bird in, prosecco in hand, all is groovy.

My playlist was on a longish car drive yesterday

Phil Spector Xmas album
Beach Boys Christmas album
Michael Buble Christmas
Interspersed with some Classic FM

What Santa delivered...
Thin Lizzy At The BBC (2CD set)
Johnny Cash At Folsom Prison (American Milestones CD re-issue)
Fairport Convention "Where Does The Time Go?" (3CD set)

Earlier this morning (3am) - Traces of You - Anoushka Shankar.
Currently Swan Lake on BBC4, new production, seen it twice already and tickets for two more performances in the new year. Nunez is on the TV, seeing her do Onegin soon.

Don't have a cultural bone in my body.

Was listening to this and other prog goodies.

I don't do Christmas!
I am currently in Kolkata.....
I spent Christmas Morning in a Salvation Army Church being churched in Bengali (I don't do Church!)
I spent most of the rest of the day in traffic!
To cope I donned my headphones and zoned out with a mixture of Popol Vuh, Jon Hassell and David Sylvian.

HELP!

I don't do Christmas!
I am currently in Kolkata.....
I spent Christmas Morning in a Salvation Army Church being churched in Bengali (I don't do Church!)
I spent most of the rest of the day in traffic!
To cope I donned my headphones and zoned out with a mixture of Popol Vuh, Jon Hassell and David Sylvian.

HELP!
I was last in Kolkata in 2008 and it was a spectacular dump. Is it still?

Festive listening discovery was that John Renbourn and Planxty sounds remarkably festive without actually being so. Although my sister-in-law described it as 'Henry the Eighth music'. Note to self: really must get that stag's head and suit of armour to complete the banqueting/listening room. :)

I always listen to 'Unknown Pleasures' on Christmas Day; it's the necessary negation. This year, lots of acid techno too.

advertisement

Back