advertisement

Christine & The Queens

She is indeed quality. I have not seen her live, but I look forward to doing so - presumably a good show as well as immeasurably good music.

She is another Amy Winehouse, Kate Bush, Sade, Patti Smith, and akin to a few others - a lady that has carved her own individual niche where other have not or fear to tread.

24/44 download available on Qobuz :)

I must say that in what looks like a climate of ambient xenophobia in England, it's nice to see appreciation for music that is mostly sung in French :)

presumably a good show as well as immeasurably good music.

Absolutely. I discovered Chris at the same time as another French export, Caravan Palace. Differing genres of music, perhaps, but their love of immaculately crafted and produced songs always makes for a good live experience.

Both also use Moog synths for bass.... :D

I must say that in what looks like a climate of ambient xenophobia in England, it's nice to see appreciation for music that is mostly sung in French

Chris issues her releases in several formats. She said somewhere tho that the 'original' format is in a mix of French and English. It adds to the mystique, for me...

Chris issues her releases in several formats. She said somewhere tho that the 'original' format is in a mix of French and English. It adds to the mystique, for me...
No "mystique" for me - I became fluent in French before I turned 20... Something to do with a young lady I met in the 70's who is still my wife :)

Its a big regret for me in that I didn't persevere with learning another language. I wouldn't do so now, as I'm learning a bit of a different language - playing(piano) and reading music...
Way to go!
Creating new neural pathways is the way to keep your brain young and fit... learning to play an instrument, a new language, new postures in yoga - all learning helps

There is very little online that I can find, but what there is does not talk or even hint anything of a third album. It is not much beyond a year since "Chris".....

Just found this :)

I think I am right in saying that in France there is a requirement for a set proportion of radio content to be in the French language, so a number of artists include a chorus in French whilst the majority of lyrics are in English or alternatively the station alternate the playlist to keep the required proportion up; this may be part of the reason why Christine includes both languages into her songs.

Christine And The Queens’ Surprise La Vita Nuova EP Feat. Caroline Polachek

https://www.stereogum.com/2074987/c...uova-ep-caroline-polachek/music/album-stream/

OnTidal now

yKTxOUp.jpg

advertisement

Back