advertisement

Christina Aguilera - National Anthem Super Bowl

I missed that, thank goodness, but I was unfortunate enough to see the awful half time show with the talentless Black Eyed Peas, and Slash performing a sellout (but not the good type of sellout).

To be honest, I'd much rather they'd asked The Who back.

Good on Christine Aguilera! I doubt the likes of Stockhausen, The Residents, Squarepusher or Merzbow could have deconstructed the damn thing any further. A work of pure ironic genius.

Tony.

Good thing they don't sing all the verses of God Save Brenda any more. All that stuff about the Scots wouldn't go down to well nowadays.

Just sing the ****ing song! lol

She does a better job here, although at first she i thought she could have been one of the girls from the estate.

I can see this being a good thread, im sure ive got Mike Patton singing the Star Spangled banner somewhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Was that the gig where Janet Jackson got her tits out for the boys, a few years back?

I see it hasn't improved any...

Everyone listening to it surely looked like they were in pain.
It is one unsingable national anthem, isn't it? The amis should really have chosen something more singable for their national anthem.
There was actually a survey I read a few years ago listing all the countries that had singable vs. unsingable national anthems...
Singable as in by people not naturally talented at singing

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D06E5DD1031F931A25751C1A9629C8B63

advertisement

Back