advertisement

Chris Rea (Road to Hell)

koi

pfm Member
Hi
Just dug his album out have not played it for a while

(Road to Hell) anyone else think like me this Album is excellent ;)

Regards

Ahh, this reminds me of grad school days... haven't heard it since, actually. I'll have to see how it fares, fifteen years on.

..as with most of his albums, there are a few stonking tracks, and some sugar-laden filler..
But yes, I still dig out one or two of his, and Road to Hell is worth a listen !

My university roommate was a gearhead and listened to this album incessantly.

I vaguely remember some corny engine noises in the song, otherwise it was pretty good.

That would have been
Daytona.
he later on went to release an instrumental album dedicated solely to ferraris!

bob mccluckie said:
That would have been
Daytona.
he later on went to release an instrumental album dedicated solely to ferraris!

We're getting frighteningly close to my first forays into audio, back in the late 50's/early 60's. In them days, you could buy LPs of 'The 'Up' Express from Paddington, hauled by a double header Black Five.' ( With footplate commentary, passenger noises :eek: and extensive explanatory notes.)

Mull

...and I have the CD interview with Nick Mason from the cover of Motorsport "Sounds of Goodwood" with sound clips of all the cars featured. Class.

Fretless Eric said:
...and I have the CD interview with Nick Mason from the cover of Motorsport "Sounds of Goodwood" with sound clips of all the cars featured. Class.

You win!

Mull

I remember when this was fairly new and my Dad was dragging the family round hi-fi shops to listen to speakers.
Two of the shops both played Road to Hell to demonstrate their wares. We went in the third and just as my Dad was about to ask for requisite track he noticed the huge sign between the speakers saying 'No road to hell.'

advertisement

Back