advertisement

Chris Cornell has died, aged 52

Sad news - I listened to SuperUnknown for the first time in a few years just a couple of days ago.

That Bond song was the best of recent years by far, big fan since the day very very young at 52.

On the surface you would imagine he had a lot going for him, seems all too common with profiled people that they are succumbing, shame for him and his family that he felt that was the only option left, if founded. RIP is all I/we can add.

Very sad. Too young by a long way.

I discovered Soundgarden only about a year ago then onto Chris Cornell, Audioslave...
A talented guy who I hope was proud of what he achieved

I cannot believe this, Chris Cornell and Soundgarden, Audioslave and Temple of the dog are to me, the Bowie of my generation. Fell on black days is probably my favourite song still, after 23 years, and has an added poignancy after reading that Chris took his own life. Superunknown is most certainly in my top 3 albums of all time. Disbelief. RIP Chris.

Sadly really does show, you can have it all, the looks, the voice, the talent, a gorgeous family and wife and yet, no-one really knows what shadows lurk in a person's heart. He was both loved and respected and yet, this is how it ended. A sad sad loss. Fell on black days indeed.

advertisement

Back