advertisement

Chord Mojo 2 - desktop mode - some specific questions

Piksky

pfm Member
Hello all,

I’m going blind scouring the internet for these details, so was hoping for some user experience to assist with some specific questions!

So, when in desktop mode:

1) does it need to remain plugged in and switched on in order to remain in desktop mode? Can it be switched off/run down and remain in desktop mode?

2) if switched off, does it remember settings etc when you turn it on again, or do you have to reset it each time?

3) what, precisely, are the levels of faff involved in getting it into desktop mode and keeping it there for the rest of time?

Many thanks in advance. I really enjoyed the Mojo 1 as a desktop dac but moved it on as the coloured spheres and the constant charging really made the whole thing more faff than its worth. This new setting on the mojo 2 makes me think I might be able to get along better with it, however I have a rather specific use case which I completely understand the unit was absolutely not designed for.

It goes into desktop mode when connected to a charger when battery full. The charging light goes purple, and it’s automatically starts charging when battery level drops , so it’s kinda a battery protection. .. it does not affect the output level line the mojo one which you could set the output at a fixed level in desktop mode.

I have mine in desktop mode. I turn it off after every listening session (menu light displays purple).
For a listening session I turn it back on and all the lights go through a random sequence. After about 10 seconds there is a small click and it is good to go. Settings are remembered from previous. After setting an optimal volume the first time I don’t see any need to faff with any settings.

Volume choices, as indicated by volume lights on the unit, are probably going to be double blue or double indigo. I tried the Mojo 2 in my bedroom system along with my Qutest a few weeks ago and double indigo was the closest volume match. Admittedly, the Mojo was being fed via optical and the Qutest via coax digital, but double indigo was the closest match all the same.

I have mine in desktop mode. I turn it off after every listening session (menu light displays purple).
For a listening session I turn it back on and all the lights go through a random sequence. After about 10 seconds there is a small click and it is good to go. Settings are remembered from previous. After setting an optimal volume the first time I don’t see any need to faff with any settings.
This is perfect - thank you.

advertisement

Back