advertisement

Chord DAC64 Mk 2

goatiebaby

pfm Member
I volunteer at the local Oxfam Music Shop testing hifi donations and have had a donation arrived including one of the above. I need to test that it still works and have a friend who can swap out his Dacmagic to test it but I can't fathom out what the inputs/outputs on the back are as they are not labelled. I can find no manual online and I wonder if some member can tell me what they are or put me onto a downloadable manual?
Thanks Steve

I volunteer at the local Oxfam Music Shop testing hifi donations and have had a donation arrived including one of the above. I need to test that it still works and have a friend who can swap out his Dacmagic to test it but I can't fathom out what the inputs/outputs on the back are as they are not labelled. I can find no manual online and I wonder if some member can tell me what they are or put me onto a downloadable manual?
Thanks Steve
https://manualmachine.com/chordelectronics/dac64/2328660-owners-manual/

Thanks for the link Amber Audio, but the one I have is slightly different on the back, no on/off switch just an IEC socket on the right and a single BNC input (I see it mentions earlier ones have a single input). The other thing is the Input/RAM Buffer switches have only 2 positions not 3 so I'm still not sure how to set it up. Wouldn't it be nice if all manufacturers made their old manuals available via their websites.

Amber linked yo to the correct picture for a DAC64 mk2 (I sold mine not that long ago)
The mk2 accepts data up to 24/96 but given what you say your might be different.

Chord are generally helpful, why not take a few photos and contact them?

If there is no on/off switch and only a single BNC then you have a DAC64 mk1. These are the features that were added for the Mk2.
I thought the buffering and selection switches were identical between the two versions - are you sure they aren't just loose 3-ways rather than 2 ways?

If there is no on/off switch and only a single BNC then you have a DAC64 mk1. These are the features that were added for the Mk2.
I thought the buffering and selection switches were identical between the two versions - are you sure they aren't just loose 3-ways rather than 2 ways?
Thanks for that there were indeed 3 positions on the switches, DOH! In my defence the DAC is very dirty and the 3rd position was very stiff and I didn't want to break such a potentially valuable item. All now sorted ready for testing tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Very generous donation!
It was indeed also got a boxed Sony WM6DC, Sony SCD555ES, Goldring Lenco GL75, Stax SRM007T and some very distressed Stax 4070 headphones as well as a large amount of classical vinyl. Sadly it came from the family of someone who had recently died but very grateful for their generosity.

Alphonsus is indeed correct. The Mk 2 has dual data connections (I have one!). Good luck with the testing, if you need any further guidance give us a shout.

Glad to say it's working fine, thanks for the help on here. The only downside is I have a mate who now wants one to replace his Dacmagic but swmbo says no!

advertisement

Back