advertisement

Chord Company shawline

Dean Jordan

pfm Member
Has anyone had the experience of the old and new shawline interconnects.

I'm gonna need 3 xlr pair as I reconfigure my system.

So £350 a pair but there are some old stock for £200 so saving a bit over all but at what cost.

All my current shawlines are the new range with choralloy.

Many thanks

Dean

Shawline is a good range of cables in my experience, maybe the “sweet spot” in their range? I haven’t heard old vs new, but I doubt there’s massive differences between the two. I’d be inclined to save the money. Maybe wait until you could afford to go further up the range.
Assuming you believe “cables can sound different to each other” .
Lots here don’t.

What's the rest of your kit? I know you have a Technics turntable but no idea on the rest. Spend a grand on a cartridge

Denafrips Hestia pre
Cen.Grand DSDAC 1.0 DAC (Super Clock)
Hana sl MC cart
[COLOR=rgb(var(--color-foreground))]Gold Note PH-5 MM/MC Phono Stage[/COLOR]

Advance paris BX 2 mono blocks

Sorry copy and paste text

Shawline is a good range of cables in my experience, maybe the “sweet spot” in their range? I haven’t heard old vs new, but I doubt there’s massive differences between the two. I’d be inclined to save the money. Maybe wait until you could afford to go further up the range.
Assuming you believe “cables can sound different to each other” .
Lots here don’t.
I do. I have heard differences in many cables I have had over the years. Chord are my go to brand have always enjoyed the sound.

I must be one of the only people here with a £60k RRP system and about £120 of cables. Wonder how I got that kit - probably by not getting fleeced by cable companies I expect.
I doubt if you’re alone with that kind of cable spend:system spend. I’m in the same ballpark as I’m no fan of foo.

Is this the same company that does an upgraded blanking plug for use with Naim power supplies?

One born every minute.

They have the history of chord cables actually on their website. Can you make up some cables please random lady? Sure here you go, some clever marketing and the company has been going ever since.

Emperor's New cables

advertisement

Back