advertisement

Chinese Class A amp 25w per channel

A Mark Levinson ML-2 and a Classe DR3 are 25 watts Class A and weight 65 pounds each but the ML are mono amps so you need 130lbs of amplifiers to get 25w of stereo power. How can the Weiliang Breez Audio deliver 25w of pure Class A at 43lbs?

I wonder if Harman International have given permission to use the name Mark Levinson on this Chineese product.

I was surfing the web when I came across this...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Weil..._7&btsid=03cd06f4-a0a8-40b9-9528-296b01f72292

Obviously a rip off of the real thing, but at the price I'm kind of tempted. I'm sure there are lots of reasons for keeping my money in my wallet, but it seems good value (assuming it works and doesn't burn the house down).

The second one seems a pretty big one to me. If they're happy to fake a product then they're probably also happy to fake a CE compliance logo. Buy cheap, buy twice.

Just returned from Shenzhen... The Chinese make fantastic looking copies of JM Lab Utopias, Sonus Faber high end speakers and Wilson Audio speakers... Look as good as the originals but they sound like Cerwin Vegas.. So I would not waste my money on the audio copies... Fake Apple watches I did as they were a steal and at 1/20th the original price...

Just returned from Shenzhen... The Chinese make fantastic looking copies of JM Lab Utopias, Sonus Faber high end speakers and Wilson Audio speakers... Look as good as the originals but they sound like Cerwin Vegas.. So I would not waste my money on the audio copies... Fake Apple watches I did as they were a steal and at 1/20th the original price...
It's mostly about appearances with very little substance. It's one thing to know they are rip-offs, and you can choose accordingly. It's much more frustrating when you think you've bought the real thing - like I once did with TO3 transistors. They are probably the same fake transistors used in these "clones". Arses.

The fake Mark Levinson amp is kind of a miniature, looks like an ML in photos but is only about 13 1/2" wide.

advertisement

Back