advertisement

Chinese amplifiers vs the west!

Yes, Cisco IOS-XR has had quite a few CVEs... https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-16/product_id-5654/Cisco-Ios-Xr.html . Or did you mean something else :) ?

Long time ago now (14 years) in the realm of things, My team was involved with all the network processes, some of my colleagues were involved with the security processes hence my mention of it. Funny how this was mentioned in regard to "our guys" concerned about a Chinese company having access to our data all those years ago. Roll on a few years and it became a big issue... :)

I purchased a Muzishare X7 a few months ago, direct from China via AliExpress. By all indications, it is made in the same facility as Line Magnetic and Cayin, two well-respected ChiFi brands.

Which is exactly why the Chinese don't buy their own products. No brand kudos or street cred and in some cases poor reliability. That's why they buy western brands and why most of what the west makes goes there...

I purchased a Muzishare X7 a few months ago, direct from China via AliExpress. By all indications, it is made in the same facility as Line Magnetic and Cayin, two well-respected ChiFi brands.

The price was a fraction of what I would expect to pay here in the USA for a comparable amp from a 'known' brand, particularly one made and/or designed in the USA, UK or Europe, so I felt it was worth taking a chance on.

I've had it for a couple of months, and so far it has been a joy. Hopefully it will provide years of trouble-free service.

wu0Np07.jpg

JYNgX6S.jpg
Yep these look to be very well made, similar to Line Magnetic in layouts underneath ( different topographies notwithstanding ) with good quality components including correct ( 240v ) transformers and machine drilled chassis. The passive components in my Line Magnetic were not knock offs - its pretty to easy to spot those ! How are you liking it ?

btw Chi-Fi is denigrating

I suppose you're right, and in the recent past terms of denigration were appropriate considering the quality of products that were coming out of China.

As my Muzishare amp has thus far demonstrated, they have gotten a LOT better, and are capable of designing and manufacturing some very fine hifi products. In the '50s and '60s, "made in Japan" was not exactly confidence-inspiring, but now it is seen as a mark of real quality.

Yep these look to be very well made, similar to Line Magnetic in layouts underneath ( different topographies notwithstanding ) with good quality components including correct ( 240v ) transformers and machine drilled chassis. The passive components in my Line Magnetic were not knock offs - its pretty to easy to spot those !

It's even switchable on the rear, so that it can be used with 110-120v here in North America!

How are you liking it ?

To say I am delighted by it is an understatement! With the stock Muzishare-branded tubes, it sound pretty good, if a bit lean in the mids. Swapping the lone 12AX7 for a 1958 RCA long black plate made an instant improvement, as did swapping the 12AU7s for RCA grey plates. I then upgraded the KT88s and rectifier with Gold Lions, and that tighted up the low end and added more solidity to the presentation.

I had a Cambridge audio 851a, it was astounding and a Creek Evolution 100a, ditto; both made in China.
I guess it depends on the brand and their facilities there?.....I hadn’t given the political and moral ethics a thought, at the time, just accepted the inevitability of global companies moving production there.....

It's even switchable on the rear, so that it can be used with 110-120v here in North America!

To say I am delighted by it is an understatement! With the stock Muzishare-branded tubes, it sound pretty good, if a bit lean in the mids. Swapping the lone 12AX7 for a 1958 RCA long black plate made an instant improvement, as did swapping the 12AU7s for RCA grey plates. I then upgraded the KT88s and rectifier with Gold Lions, and that tighted up the low end and added more solidity to the presentation.
Yep I swapped my valves out on that LM218 ( 211's, 34 drivers ). I can imagine that amp will give you many reliable years service. What are your speakers ?

I would be interested in how well built ( and electrically safe ) the new Leak amplifier is.
Presumably, with Peter Comeau in charge at IAG, standards are high.

Not necessarily, based on what I've seen of IAG built speakers, eg Wharfedale and Castle.

I did, briefly, own a pair of Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary models.
They looked pretty well made, but I didn’t dismantle them to check anything.

advertisement

Back