advertisement

Cheer Me Up!

Roger Adams

pfm Member
Sat here isolated from humanity.

Please, anyone, can you show me a picture of your favourite place that you've visited and any story that you might have behind the photograph?

I think we all need reminding what's great out there!

Hi Roger,

Whilst you wait for other Fishies to send you a photo and story - take a look at recent threads in the Photo Section of Pinkfish Media. Picture a Week (PAW) has loads of fantastic photographs and a lot of them have a story behind them. There's also Pictures of Pets, Selfies, and a whole section on Kruger Park.

Please forgive me if you have already browsed those threads...

Tom

Oh dear Roger... just realised you posted this in the Photo Section - I saw it in new posts and didn't check. My apologies.

T

Orang Utans are great.

orang.jpg

Pic from a period in my life 20years ago. Old man sat up there was taking his time, unhurried, pondering what actually matters; and content with his lot.

Not the greatest pic possible technically (Minolta X700 near dusk, indifferent film badly processed); but takes me right back to a special time.

This is an image from Pont Vecchio in Florence, Italy.

The photograph was taken on our belated honeymoon. We have both been married before and with children between us, less than co-operative ex-spouses and family in Canada we had to wait for just the right time for us to finally escape to enjoy some time on our own.

Hope you like the photo.

DSC00698 by Rob Moores, on Flickr

My love for photography grew alongside my love for travelling.
I travelled a bit in Asia, mostly solo, before I was married, and my wife is also fond of travelling so we carried on with that tradition until our children were born.
I have a Flickr account with images of those journeys.
It's not finished, and some of the images aren't really good enough to be there...
Something to work on now that I am stuck at home, though with the homeschooling there's little time left at the end of the day to use my computer.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/147606533@N08/albums

tumblr_nnqkr3P7m31r6rhn9o1_500.jpg

Some lovely replies - thanks guys. I think if nothing else it shows that travel is so important to us all!

A friend takes some beautiful photos when going for a morning walk as he is able to do right no. With Spring in the air , the opportunities for some wonderful shot are great and Spring time makes so many of us feel upbeat.

I must go for a morning and Countryside sort of person. Some wonderful images.

Hi Roger,

Please forgive me if you have already browsed those threads...

Tom

I have indeed. I'm just looking for a chain of upbeat images. Looking for a reaction from the heart rather than the head based on the technical qualities. Something that may well be a snap caught on an iPhone but one that puts a smile on everyone's face :)

Can I ask what you were up to then Martin?
Sure; I was a post-grad architecture student, both degrees complete and rather than move to London to complete RIBA Part 3 - which looked like a seriously-dul option at teh time - I chose otherwise, went outdoors to see a bit of the world and ended-up spending a couple of years on N Borneo building things in the jungle instead (working in a local practice, in a mix of languages and customs - wonderful!) Pics posted came from vacation time thereabouts. I can dig -out some site photos in period if of interest...

advertisement

Back