advertisement

Check out this site

thats pretty clever. Not tried much yet but theres quite a bit of detail in what I've tried

I like the idea, too busy listening to the hifi tonight but was interested to see it come up with the Byrds when I said I liked Zappa.

Of course they would be better served perhaps having genres of music as opposed to just one artist or band as the definer.

Defining a genre is pretty hard though. I like the way they try to keep genre out of it and look at what the music is about instead, though most of what came up seemed to stick to the same area which was a shame.

New Order >> Duran Duran >> The Cure >> Redhouse Painters >> The Escape Club (never heard of them, didn't like what I heard) >> Audible (never heard of them, did like what I heard).

Seems interesting enough.

edit:

Somewhat annoyingly it is aimed at the US, as to register you need a US zip code. Or be able to invent one, perhaps based on a US teen programme of the early 1990s.

Pretty interesting site, although i typed in Capercaillie and it did not recognise the Artist. It did say however that it will research the band ????????? Interesting

Is this an extention of the thing where you type in the band name and related artist names float out in a 'cloud', distance from each other tells you how related they are?

Cheers Darren, I had forgotten that link. It's amsuing to see what it throws up when it doesn't recognise an artist. Deathprod (a space cadet special) gives Madonna (tribute). Hmmm...

Thanks Darren

Rods right it does throw up some interesting combinations, however its a good base for some research into alternative bands / artists

Andy

The music plasma one is crap.

I put in fila brazillia, it comes up with beatles tribute band and rod stewert. Not good.

garyi said:
The music plasma one is crap.

I put in fila brazillia, it comes up with beatles tribute band and rod stewert. Not good.
What? Don't you reckon there's a link? LOL

advertisement

Back