advertisement

Cheapo Miles Davis Box Set

I managed to get a pound discount on my purchase as a credit from amazon. I hope they don't renege on the deal.

I made it in at £29.32. Still a bargain - I've only got Jack Johnson, Sketches of Spain and Kind Of Blue. Well, on CD, anyway.

and this reduced to £10.17!!!!
61iGHzeKxkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. That's half what it was last week. Ordered!

I managed to get a pound discount on my purchase as a credit from amazon. I hope they don't renege on the deal.

They won't. It's an automated delivery system, and it would not be worth their PR to do so.

What I wonder is how the price was set at £5.07 - was it a deliberate price to clear a stock excess, automated nonsense or what?

Anyway, perhaps we should have a sticky "Bargain Alert!" thread here?

Phew thanks for the info, i think someone mentioned that the decimal point maybe in the wrong place, that would make it 50.70 and probably more like it. I like the idea of a bargain alert but the way this and other bargains come to our attention seems to work well as each title is specific and it seems to be very 1st up best dressed.

Phew thanks for the info, i think someone mentioned that the decimal point maybe in the wrong place, that would make it 50.70 and probably more like it.

Don't sue me if I'm wrong :)

I like the idea of a bargain alert but the way this and other bargains come to our attention seems to work well as each title is specific and it seems to be very 1st up best dressed.

Yes, on second thoughts you're probably right.

I just received this:

Hello

We’re writing to let you know that the price for the following item(s) was displayed incorrectly when you placed your order:

'The Perfect Miles Davis Collection' (ASIN: B005ELZNH0)

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website, pricing errors can occasionally occur.

In our Conditions of Use and Sale (see http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=1040616), we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, cancel the order and notify you of that cancellation.

Your order has now been cancelled. If you still want to purchase this item, please place a new order which will be charged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that can't accept incoming e-mail. Please don't reply to this message.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Me too. £29.52 would seem to be the correct price. It would still seem to be a bargain but I'll have to give it a miss.

I doubt you can challenge it effectively as it's part of their terms of business which we've already accepted by opening an account. Any shop can withdraw an item from sale if it's mis-priced. Or, if they sell it it must be at the price they've marked it at.

Effectively they've withdrawn it from sale.

Bad form from Amazon. Take them to the EU court of human rights.

A similar thing happened when I managed to grab a ridiculous deal on the complete Columbia Miles a few months ago.

Bah. I was beginning to wonder when it still had not been despatched this morning despite my paying for next day delivery. I have about seven of the discs so I won't be diving in immediately at £29.52.

advertisement

Back