advertisement

Charity shop regulars .........

kneecap

pfm Member
No matter what UK charity shop you look in, you will always find a vinyl copy of Simon and Garfunkel's Greatest Hits, The Best of Bread and something by the Dooleys............................

V/A - Busy Making Progress
Nolans - Don't Make Waves
anything by Blaster Bates
What We Want is Watneys Silver Band

Jams Last, lots of James Last and everything ever done by Phil Collins or Yes.

Crap classics volumes 5 to 33, never the complete set, on vinyl so thin you can see through it, with ultra cheesy cover photos of sunsets or flowers :rolleyes:

Conducted by Rudolf NeverHeardOfHim with the South Wirral Symphony Orchestra and Long Marsden Choir

Nah - you're all wrong. There's ALWAYS:
Sound of music - OST
Sing-alonga Max

You can guarantee these two are ALWAYS there.

No Parlez is almost as regular though.

I have noticed that ELP's 'Tarkus' is starting to make a regular appearance.Sometimes the local charity shop is like going back in time to an original Virgin record shop :)

Mario Lanza
and for some reason every charity shop on Camden Road has a couple of Deacon Blue albums
Neil Diamond seems pretty popular
Apparently no one who dies and has relatives who donate to Charity has a stack of original Blue Notes

I will say one thing though, the Oxfam on Kingsland Road Dalston is a goldmine for good classical. I'm in their every other day though so no point anyone else looking.

rare sleeveless 50s and 60s 45's which are not only scratched but appear to have been polished by a floor sander.

advertisement

Back