advertisement

Change UK Party. Could they have any less integrity?

It will be interesting to see what "alternative careers" this bunch of chancers and charlatans end up with. Scum rising to the top?

I hate Chuka.

I agree that there were much better westerns made in the 1960s.

OR5PRzf.jpg

Chuka got his reward for service.

Others will take note.
Quite a few of them did OK...

Ann Coffey - ???
Mike Gapes - ???
Chris Leslie - Chief Exec of the UK debt collectors' trade association
Joan Ryan - still Chair of Labour Friends of Israel?
Anna Soubry - TV presenter?
Heid Allen - ???
Luciana Berger - head of public affairs at PR company Edelman (infamous for union busting work with Wal-Mart)
Gavin Shuker - Chief Exec of Cardeo (a credit card app)
Angela Smith - non-executive director at a private water company
Chuka Umunna - head of greenwashing at Morgan Stanley
Sarah Wollaston - back working in the NHS (good for her!)

Worth adding Tom Watson to the hall of shame. He stayed in the Labour Party to undermine it from within. Now he's a lobbyist for the gambling industry.

Amazing that these charlatans were once held up as beacons of integrity by a credulous (or cynical) media.

I’ve no issue with people getting jobs, even really good well paid ones if they are capable. I wonder how many of the above get paid more than Len McCluskey or equivalent trade union trough-feeder? Possibly a fair few, but it is still less parasitic. Tom Watson is the one that stands out to my mind, if that is true he really is exactly the sort of hypocrite I expect to reside in Labour.

Ann Coffey - ???
Mike Gapes - ???
Heid Allen - ???
Luciana Berger - head of public affairs at PR company Edelman (infamous for union busting work with Wal-Mart)

Worth adding Tom Watson to the hall of shame. He stayed in the Labour Party to undermine it from within. Now he's a lobbyist for the gambling industry.

Amazing that these charlatans were once held up as beacons of integrity by a credulous (or cynical) media.

Chuka looks even more dodgy than when he used to go round wearing his shiny suits.

Ann Coffey - ???
Mike Gapes - ???
Heid Allen - ???

Allen now works for the RSPCA.

You will find the missing answers (and so much more) in this riveting new book https://www.waterstones.com/book/change/peter-mcnab/9781839754654 I'm waiting for a brave PFMer to have a read and then come back and tell us how Gapes now fills his days.

We can assume that the five involved (and on the cover) are probably the most desperate for cash and/or have the most free time.

I'm sure they were chatting about important social issues at the photoshoot. Either that or Soubry's choice of footwear.

B08ZX8MP4C.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

Allen now works for the RSPCA.

You will find the missing answers (and so much more) in this riveting new book https://www.waterstones.com/book/change/peter-mcnab/9781839754654 I'm waiting for a brave PFMer to have a read and then come back and tell us how Gapes now fills his days.

We can assume that the five involved (and on the cover) are probably the most desperate for cash and/or have the most free time.

I'm sure they were chatting about important social issues at the photoshoot. Either that or Soubry's choice of footwear.

B08ZX8MP4C.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg
Haha, yes aware of that. An early contender for book of the year?

The five members on the front are the ones who stuck with Change UK to the (bitter) end. Chuka and the other five became independents or joined the Lib-Dems when they realised the ship was sinking: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Change_UK#Resignations.

I expect there are lessons to be learned from this episode, but I'm buggered if I see many journalists willing to learn them.

I’ve no issue with people getting jobs, even really good well paid ones if they are capable. I wonder how many of the above get paid more than Len McCluskey or equivalent trade union trough-feeder? Possibly a fair few, but it is still less parasitic. Tom Watson is the one that stands out to my mind, if that is true he really is exactly the sort of hypocrite I expect to reside in Labour.
How much is Len paid?

Last edited:
£140k a few years ago

Plus expenses and other perks. Basically he pays himself as much, maybe more as the UK’s Prime Minister, and does so off the backs of some of the poorest workers in the country via their subscription fees. He’s not alone either. Absurdly high wages at the top of trade unions are far from uncommon.

PS I’ve no anger or jealousy towards good pay at all, I’ve earned very decent money myself at times, I just think there is something very different between making a very good wage in the private sector and doing the same off the union fees of some of the poorest workers in the country. That smacks of both hypocrisy and corruption. I’ve far more time for say Umunna giving up politics entirely and then getting a decent job in a bank. That isn’t parasitic to my eyes.

Ann Coffey - ???
Mike Gapes - ???
Heid Allen - ???

I wonder how many ex-Labour MPs who fought hard for left-wing principles were offered top jobs by banks etc....

Plus expenses and other perks. Basically he pays himself as much, maybe more as the UK’s Prime Minister, and does so off the backs of some of the poorest workers in the country via their subscription fees. He’s not alone either. Absurdly high wages at the top of trade unions are far from uncommon.

PS I’ve no anger or jealousy towards good pay at all, I’ve earned very decent money myself at times, I just think there is something very different between making a very good wage in the private sector and doing the same off the union fees of some of the poorest workers in the country. That smacks of both hypocrisy and corruption. I’ve far more time for say Umunna giving up politics entirely and then getting a decent job in a bank. That isn’t parasitic to my eyes.
You are wrong in so many ways. He does not set his own salary or benefits, he does not earn more than the PM.

What is the maximum leaders of not-for-profit organisations (e.g. unions, charities) should be paid in your opinion?

advertisement

Back