advertisement

Champagne Christmas tragedy averted

MVV

pfm Member
Fortunately there has been an item on Today that will avert the possibility of a wave of blindness this Christmas.
We have been warned not to shoot the corks into our eyes or into the eyes of others and given a number of strategies to help us such as chilling, covering with a towel and pointing them away from people‘s eyes.
interestingly the pressure in a champagne bottle is three times that of a car tyre.
Cava and Prosecco were not mentioned presumably because that item will be on Radio two.
I’ll be ok though because I prefer red wine.

More important, don't fill your fridge with Champagne then realise five days later it's a freezer. Luckily it wasn't mine.

More important, don't fill your fridge with Champagne then realise five days later it's a freezer. Luckily it wasn't mine.
A couple of weeks ago, when we got back from a restaurant, I put a bottle of Taittinger in the freezer for a few minutes. Whoosh! Indent in the ceiling and lots of mopping up to do.

I know of someone who was blinded at his wedding just like this. I always do the tea towel on top and twist the bottle routine now!

BTW, seeing as this is a champagne thread/post Aldi's cheap £12 a bottle is very good value for money it's a kinda Nicolas Feuillatte rip off

I know of someone who was blinded at his wedding just like this. I always do the tea towel on top and twist the bottle routine now!
I always use the tea towel on the top routine at home but whilst on holiday this summer, where they had fizz at breakfast, I took the metal cage off and the cork just shot out!! Missed my face by a whisker..... (well maybe a few whiskers) 😄

My dog always enjoyed chase and locate the (prosecco) cork, which was fun especially when launched into the garden. Sadly he's now old and has mostly lost interest, so I'll have to amuse myself by trying to shoot the star off the Christmas tree.

advertisement

Back