advertisement

Celestion system 6000

robbyd

pfm Member
Selling to make space!

I have never seen a complete sytem 6000 selling before, so must be rare.

hooked it up the other week as had interest for the subs, (but distance was an issue) and it actually sounds really good.

woofers are rubber surround so no problem there. Sl600s up top. Nextel coating as you would expect. Electronic crossover works as it should - no issues.

happy to leave connected for potential buyer...

shipping a no-no as each sub weighs around 40kg - despite no cabinet!! Maybe possible to deliver within reasonable distance for fuel cost...

Asking 1500.00

thanks

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126787078@N02/albums/72177720311102993

I've actually heard a set of these - and they are memorably good. It was a sound you could listen to all night - no cabinet colouration at all and the soundstage is wide and deep - exceptionally so. Only the daft distance is stopping me sweating over these.

Where are you?

I had them to use the subs with quad 63s. The crossover is between 100-120hz I think and being open baffle, they're perfect - but really good with the sl600s too...

Happy to consider sensible offers - delivery may be an option within reasonable distance...

thanks

As an ex Celestion Engineer I used to test these on the production line at Celestion.... love them. Great speakers and way ahead of their time back then. I'd love them but 1) They're a bit richly priced for me and 2) I'd get lynched if I brought more speakers into the house. I have my prototype A3's and A1 Compacts here already, along with my big JBL 4367's. My baby's that were the Kingstons and SL700SE's went many years ago. Celestion were fantastic in their heyday. The only issue is spares are NLA if anything goes wrong...
All the best.
Matt

I've actually heard a set of these - and they are memorably good. It was a sound you could listen to all night - no cabinet colouration at all and the soundstage is wide and deep - exceptionally so. Only the daft distance is stopping me sweating over these.
Indeed. I had never heard walk-in soundstaging like the SL600s when they came out. The system 6000 on sale here is a British hifi design classic.

advertisement

Back