advertisement

Celestion SL6Si Bass driver surround replacement

mark121211

pfm Member
Having ordered some new surrounds from the speaker repair shop in the Netherlands I am interested to hear from anyone who has replaced theirs.

I am specifically interested how to seperate the hard rubber section that is bonded to the cone.

Hi, could you share with us a pic of the surround? I have the same celestion model and needs the same fix.

Regards.

Here are a couple of pics

I

The surrounds used in the Si are NLA so ended up ordering the SL600 ones.
They are designed for the earlier drive units so have 4 cut outs to clear the mounting holes.
Have to say these are probably the hardest surrounds I've replaced to date.
If you want any tips I let me know.

Last edited:
Always loved the look of these speakers. I have a pair of 100’s which are fabulous looking too.

Mine have a concave surround - is that what yours had originally too??

Always loved the look of these speakers. I have a pair of 100’s which are fabulous looking too.

The Si is a 2 part surround, a harder inner section and a softer outer.
One of my drive units developed 3 splits in a matter of months.
I ran with one replacement and one original, swapping the speakers from left to right and could not tell the difference so have replaced both surrounds now.

None of the SL series have concave surrounds.
SL6/600 have single rolled PVC, SL6s/si/12si/700/700se/100 and 300 all have duel material, PVC inner Rubber outer surrounds. Kingston has all rubber.
I’ve done several of them over the years.

advertisement

Back