advertisement

Celestion Ditton 442 - HF2000 replacement or Seas?

Molcroft

I just got hold of a lovely pair of Celestion Ditton 442 which are in a fabulous condition except for one of the tweeters aren't working. Anyone in here have experience from going the Seas route? Or does anyone know of anyone in the UK repairing the HF2000?

I've seen diaphragms are sold on eBay but I have not the skills to replace it myself unfortunately, and to be fair I don't know what's wrong with the tweeter either.

I just got hold of a lovely pair of Celestion Ditton 442 which are in a fabulous condition except for one of the tweeters aren't working. Anyone in here have experience from going the Seas route? Or does anyone know of anyone in the UK repairing the HF2000?

I've seen diaphragms are sold on eBay but I have not the skills to replace it myself unfortunately, and to be fair I don't know what's wrong with the tweeter either.
I believe the 442 along with the 551 and 662 were fitted with the HF2001 not the HF2000.
I've read reports of people replacing the HF2001 with a particular model of Seas tweeter - can't remember the exact model number but I believe it's stocked by Falcon and the results were not good.
The HF2001 is becoming increasingly harder to find on the second hand market.

I replaced the Audax tweeters on my IMF Super Compact with some Morel tweeters and I'm very satisfied with the results. Sweeter, more details and less fatiguing than the original so I am a fan of replacing with newer stuff.
On the cheap side, Dayton makes good tweeters and Scanspeak have a ton of different options at all price range.

I believe the 442 along with the 551 and 662 were fitted with the HF2001 not the HF2000.
I've read reports of people replacing the HF2001 with a particular model of Seas tweeter - can't remember the exact model number but I believe it's stocked by Falcon and the results were not good.
The HF2001 is becoming increasingly harder to find on the second hand market.

Yes, you're absolutely correct. It has the HF2001. I think I read somewhere it was basically the same tweeter except for the "back" bit of the tweeter was more sturdy.

Oh, I guess I'll hold out for a used HF2001 or try to find someone that can replace the diaphragm.

I replaced the Audax tweeters on my IMF Super Compact with some Morel tweeters and I'm very satisfied with the results. Sweeter, more details and less fatiguing than the original so I am a fan of replacing with newer stuff.
On the cheap side, Dayton makes good tweeters and Scanspeak have a ton of different options at all price range.

I agree with you, in general. It's just that I think I'd like to keep them original, but if I can't repair or replace them I suppose I'll go for the Seas.

advertisement

Back