advertisement

Ceiling speakers

9designs

pfm Member
Any recommendations..... will go into the pelmet around a conservatory we are having built in the next few weeks.... (an upgrade the wife wanted ;)

Most likely to be driven by a Linn Sneaky DS

I use monitor audio CT 280 in my bathroom hooked up to an Arcam amp and Airport Express. Sound OK but nowhere near Hi-Fi obviously.

I wish I'd just installed a couple of Sonos Play 1's though.

For a few extra squid you could get a Naim Mu-so.
They sound great in a conservatory.
You can also us it around the home and outside in the summer and if you ever move? You can take it with you.
http://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/233936337?$prod_main$
Just a thought.

I love the Sonos Play 1's with a Sonos Sub. I need to compare Sonos to a Muso for when we do the Kitchen extension later this year. I certainly won't be using ceiling speakers again :)

Only a speaker options I'm after, so no Sonos or Naim's :p..... as I already Have Linn DS around the house so extending and keeping the integration and multi room function etc.
Alternative to the Kef could be Linn's own 106C custom 2K series, which might give a bit more bass?

Only a speaker options I'm after, so no Sonos or Naim's :p..... as I already Have Linn DS around the house so extending and keeping the integration and multi room function etc.
Alternative to the Kef could be Linn's own 106C custom 2K series, which might give a bit more bass?
Can you post a picture of your pelmet/ space they are going in?
It would help?

Have you heard linn's 2k array based speakers? Do you like what they do?

If yes is the answer to both then they may well be worth investigating.

As I say it's not built yet, I've seen pictures from the Conservatory company, it will be plasterboard and a usable depth of I guess of about 200mm.
Speakers will fire downwards along the long side of the room.
I would look at the Linns and if still made? The B&W's.
To be honest you are taking a very big punt.
I wish you the best of luck with whatever you end up with.
Please post a picture of the finished room.

I have linn diskreets in the kitchen, they sound pretty good but as mentioned by somebody above (about a different speaker) not exactly HIFI, still very listenable though.

In the bathroom I have linn sekrits which are better but still not like a pair of box speakers at ear level.

At the end of the day, they are in the ceiling and that is a compromise.

I've heard the 2K array in the 109's which is a great small speakers.... can't say the rest of the range does much for me ;) ..... Hence I use PMC and Dynaudio !!
Perhaps I should just let the wife decide what she likes the look of best ;)

advertisement

Back