advertisement

CD Transports

Actually the OP would be most interested in knowing if a transport that jumps if the case is tapped is just sensitively suspended, or on its way out ;)

Just try mine CDT:
if I knock/slap it on sides (or near sides) there is no problem.
If I tap case below the display or cd tray, skipping occurs.

Try your transport with CD-R audio disks - I transport reads CDs ok, it is too early to change transport ;)

Ian,

If you want a lunatic fringe answer I'd say get the Orcale Audio CD 1000MkII -- hewn by Canadian elves from a solid block of alumin(i)um.

t1500b1.jpg

Discs are hand-loaded into the top part of the Mothership.

Joe
I want one. Please don't tell me how much it is and spoil the dream!

Andrew,

My local hi-fi guy has a used one that came in on trade, but it's still a huge pile of dough -- 2,200 Canadian clams.

I don't know what transport is inside, but I suspect the bulk of the cost is the fancy case, which is hewn by Canadian elves from a solid block of alumin(i)um.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/oracle/1500.html

Joe

Given the classic CD transports use either Sony or Philips mechanisms you'd think difference would be down to the post DAC stage, wouldn't you?

Just try mine CDT:
if I knock/slap it on sides (or near sides) there is no problem.
If I tap case below the display or cd tray, skipping occurs.

Try your transport with CD-R audio disks - I transport reads CDs ok, it is too early to change transport ;)

Yes, only sensitive if tapped near the drawer is what I found, and it plays CD-Rs fine.

Many thanks for going to the trouble, much appreciated.

advertisement

Back