advertisement

CD Player with Slot Drive

The Meridian G-08.2 has a slot drive.

What does the PFM massive think about the top loader? Relevant to the thread as it’s an alternative. I’m attracted as it’s a bit like putting a record on but I may be horridly wrong….
I've had a couple of top-loaders. They are fine if you have a spare top-shelf. It doesn't feel much like putting on a record though.

What does the PFM massive think about the top loader? Relevant to the thread as it’s an alternative. I’m attracted as it’s a bit like putting a record on but I may be horridly wrong….

I dislike the rega one due to the top being quite deep and the door too small. Seems like it will lead to scratched discs down the road.

I had a very nice CEC top-loader. The only potential problem is the risk of damaging th spindle if you drop the rather heavy puck.

A good compromise might be the Naim swing-tray models. They fit anywhere in the rack and the puck is so light it's unlikely to damage anything bigger than a midge.

A good compromise might be the Naim swing-tray models. They fit anywhere in the rack and the puck is so light it's unlikely to damage anything bigger than a midge.

Agreed, always seemed the best solution to me as removes several chances for mechanisms to go wrong. Generally excellent sounding players too.

I use a bel canto cd2 top loader . It's very good on its own , in fact I stopped using my external dac with it

advertisement

Back