advertisement

cd player suggestions

Why debate it? This is a commercial radio station they know what they’re doing.

The Tascam unit suggested looks good. It’d have thought £1k a unit for a professional device would be more than fine.

Thanks, I was well behind with my knowledge of the legal position. So broadcasters are required to maintain however many different format players they need to cover multiple eventualities (as not everything is available as a digital download). That might be a bigger PIA than having to pay for audio files, which isn't much compared to ongoing performance royalties for professional broadcasters.

Madness! The real problem is the tiny streaming royalties but that's down to the big record companies.
Agree. If anything people still buying physical media should be given a medal, they're exactly what the record companies and artists should want.

It's like the rule for music on YT videos. I’ve spent only last month almost £300 on vinyl and cd's just by having them recommended on a YouTube channel. I never would have heard them if it wasn’t for that, and it wasn’t them just uploading the album but actually playing samples and then discussing them. That’s all money the record companies never would have gotten from me. One LP was £120 and another £70 plus various cd sets. Not an insignificant sum.

advertisement

Back