advertisement

CD cases

happychappy

Happy Member
Any links to places where peeps buy their replacement CD covers from?

I know that there was a shop online that I have used in the past after a recommendation on here, but I cannot seem to find any information on it.

I have used Maplins in the past but they seem a little expensive as I have quite a few to replace and are also of poor quality.

I would prefer the more robust ones with the thicker plastic that hopefully won't break when a puff of pixie dust lands on them.

Thanks in advance.

I'm transferring stuff to wallets, bit by bit. I have dozens of cases in various states of repair that I throw away. If you are in Leeds you are welcome to them.

Seems like a good idea, the"jewel cases" put me off buying CD's for years.(they really are nasty)
I would like to see before I bought though as the photos are not very clear.

I use these just because I far more CDs than shelf space.

The biggest drawback is that you can't really see the spine very well so you end up having to be careful about filing things in the right place.

I think some people would find them fiddly but to get about 5 x as many CDs in the same space I'm very happy to use them. Just wish they were a bit cheaper!

I'm delighted when my new cd purchase comes in a gate fold cardboard sleeve . I'm sure the jewel case was part of the original marketing high price proposition, one of zero durability.

I have around 600 clear, 200 black tray, plus assortment of white tray and doubles siting in the loft doing nothing. They are mostly from packs of TDK CDR's, so are of similar quality to those now supplied with new CD's. Little or no use. I am in Uxbridge. PM me if interested.

I'm delighted when my new cd purchase comes in a gate fold cardboard sleeve . I'm sure the jewel case was part of the original marketing high price proposition, one of zero durability.

My favourite is the stiff laminated card 'mini-LP' sleeves some Japanese CDs come in. They look so much nicer than a jewel case, take up less space, the spine is still legible and they don't scratch and break.

I guess the main downside is there isn't really room for a booklet so they're best suited to reissues of LPs where the sleeve notes were on the back cover.

Anyway, probably a bit off-topic :)

You mean the sort that holds the cd so tightly there's no way to get it out without leaving a big thumbprint on the disc, or just breaking the sleeve !!!

I see people linking to this site on this sort of thread (I have not used them personally, I only rarely damage the cases)

http://www.covers33.co.uk/product-category/cd/

Thats the site! Thanks

Funnily enough was up in the garage today and saw a big box of covers 33 lp liners!

I have around 600 clear, 200 black tray, plus assortment of white tray and doubles siting in the loft doing nothing. They are mostly from packs of TDK CDR's, so are of similar quality to those now supplied with new CD's. Little or no use. I am in Uxbridge. PM me if interested.

Thanks very much for the kind gesture, but I am the other side of London to you and so would probably be a mare getting over to pick them up.

Thanks again for the offer though.

Thats the site! Thanks

Funnily enough was up in the garage today and saw a big box of covers 33 lp liners!

Thanks very much for the kind gesture, but I am the other side of London to you and so would probably be a mare getting over to pick them up.

Thanks again for the offer though.
They are cheeper in Tesco than covers 33 in small quantities.
If you are buying in bulk or small soundswholesaleltd are cheaper.
All prices include VAT and free P&P.fast service.

Yes there are places on ebay who offer some good deals.

Dont you just hate those cases when the booklet comes loose and is crushed by the holding lips. :(

advertisement

Back