advertisement

Cartridge ID please

Agreed, though I've never seen the red stylus grip before. Otherwise it looks identical to an AT95E (green stylus) or the Linn Basik (yellow) rebadged version with a conical tip.

Thanks chaps.

Doesn't seem up to much, the 3400. It came with a Rega Planar 2 I bought from a friend. The stylus looks pretty old anyway...

I'm sure It would take a 95E stylus if you are looking for a cheap option - that 'push up from beneath' fitting is standard across most cheaper AT carts and right through the Linn K5, K9 and K18 derivatives:

6747951515_652e903ed5_o.jpg

Here's a pic I took a while back showing an AT95E stylus fitted to a Linn K9 body along with the bodies of an AT95E (bottom) and a Linn K5 (middle). They are all the same thing really!

The spherical AT3400 will take an AT95E stylus - the bodies are identical. However, AT3400 stylus' can be bought new for less than a tenner...

I didn't realise it was such a generic body, though it does look a lot like a Linn K9 cartridge I had on my first real turntable, a Linn Basik with Akito arm.

I'm currently using an AT30e on a Thorens TD150, and I have the aforementioned 3400 as well as an A&R p77. As well as a few stylus-less Shures. Think it's time to sell them all and buy one proper cart!

advertisement

Back