advertisement

Carbon Fibre arrived

Nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

I have a bit of a thing for Carbon...
And those are nice!

Sam

Les,

I like the use of CF (it's my career!). Ever thought of making the front panel out of molded CF as well (looks like you are using aluminium)?

Regards

Martin

What are the front panels and end caps made from?

CNC machined, anodised aluminium.

Moulded CF alone would be nice in appearance but would it have the necessary energy management properties.?

Ported into the stand perhaps. If you look at the two bottom pictures you can just see the light shining into a hole in the bottom plate. Tweeters look like a ribbon type. I wish I could afford a pair. I am available for testing. My main speakers are D'appolito active with a compact cabinet extended into integral stands. unfortunately the cabs are wood dust and glue.

Are they ported in the bottom? Custom stand I presume?
Andy

Yes Andy, you're quite correct in your presumption; the outer leg forms the port and the cabinet is supported on a pre-stressed carbon fibre tube as the previous models but with some quite new thinking to optimise the energy paths for even better bass performance.

I'll see if can bag a couple of drive units to photograph and give you all a peep. Apart from having a diecast aluminium basket, massive magnet with hex format winding and carbon cone, there's not much to say about it though. Tweeter is Titanium Dioxide from a well known source.

Les if you paid more than thirty bob youve been done. But seriously they doo look nice even the wife likes the look. Great work.

I like polished stainless cap head bolts or screws on the front. I think it gives the equipment some solidity. I like the functional approach so naked carbon fibre weave looks great to me. As long as it isn't fake plastic carbon fibre.

Perhaps a polished logo or something to give the front a bit of softness. I think that's why the so called chrome bumpers work for me.

advertisement

Back