advertisement

[IC] Canon EOS 1v with PB-E1 drive booster

Peter Keen

pfm Member
Bought this a couple of years ago after being inspired to try film again by my Daughter tacking a College assignment to shoot a reel of 35mm film.

It is a truly amazing camera! Up against my 5D mk IV it feels more solid and the shutter action is a total joy. I'd expected the 5D autofocus would be way ahead of the 1v but I was shocked how fast and accurate the latter is. The first couple of 400 mono films I put through it were initially disappointing as I just had forgotten what grain was, but the Velvia 50 was a revelation.

But...the truth I'm coming to terms with is that I can't justify keeping it. it just isn't getting the use it merits and TBH the cost of film, processing and scanning is hard to justify when it is not my passion.

So, it's time to move it on. I know it will probably have to go on ebay to shift it, but I thought I'd try and see if there are any PF enthusiasts who might be interested. If so, please PM me and I'll give as much detail as I can and happily share some scans of what I captured with it. I'm no camera expert but to me it appears to be in exceptional condition, very few marks and all features work perfectly.

Peter

advertisement

Back