advertisement

Can I let off some frustration - Phono cable.

I.D.C.

pfm Member
Before the lock down I phoned Chord regarding losing one channel on my Sarum Phono cable. Chord explained I would need to return the cable where I bought it that being Loud & Clear Glasgow. They in turn send it to Chord. Following that procedure I hit bad luck 10 days into handing the cable to Loud & Clear lock down kicked in. During lock down L & C exchanged a few e-mails. Yesterday was my first trip off the island on the ferry then the road trip to Glasgow to collect the phono cable from L & C. On my return home I installed the cable to the turntable and put a record on. :( Only the left channel was coming through the same problem still there. I dont believe this cable has been looked at or maybe even not sent to Chord who I will phone on Monday. Have a spare phono cable which works so at least still can play records. The end of the Chord cable is a sealed plung before someone jumps in with get the soldering iron out.

I would have thought for the price of those things, they would just send out another one and sort out the problem later. At least you had a spare!

Twice now i've had expensive interconnects break down; the old freebies from my cobweb covered rack never do.

Thus i only get basic Van Damme from Mark Grant now; sounds fine.

Compare the cost of a cable with the price of a soldering iron. :)

If the soldering iron costs less, buy one and some solder. Then buy your own lengths of cables and plugs and DIY. Cheaper in the long run, and you can fix such problems yourself.

Was going to pull the phono cable out the red banana plug came out too easily. Reconnected bingo.. Jeez I'm getting worked up about my own failings. Been using the phono cable the deck came with a Van der hull you call it for the past three months . The Chord Sarum has brought a noticable clarity to the music. Intresting.

advertisement

Back