advertisement

Can I cry now? Just snapped the cantilever off My Benz Micro Gullwing

Good to hear the positive stories. We take out insurance for good reason.
I have made a claim but am waiting for the insurance company to get back to me.

Snapped my Benz wood being too clever. Sent it off to Northwest Analogue and had the tip reattached to a new boron rod. Played fine until the tip fell off possibly due to over enthusiastic use of that blue putty everyone likes. I think it is sh*t.

Breath of fresh air. Past experiences of forum members and a former dealer haven't painted a rosy picture of VdH's re-tipping service when it comes to Koetsus. This could have been about their stylus profile (Fritz Geiger?) changing the K 'flavour'; I don't know. However, the go-to re-tipper (and refurbisher) for Ks now seems to be Goldring. This is, however, received wisdom on my part. I do have a K Urushi Vermillion though (in a drawer for a couple of years awaiting re-entry from its dark Cinderella world).
No, it's Dom at North West Analogue for Koetsus, and for Lyras.

No, it's Dom at North West Analogue for Koetsus, and for Lyras.

Not from what I've read. No idea about Lyras, though. T.b.h., I haven't come across an incident of a Lyra being retipped/refurbished; lots of Linns, Benzes and Ks but not Lyras. Wonder why, as I've had a Clavis and Helikon. Maybe it's the 25% trade in that proves a better deal.

Not from what I've read. No idea about Lyras, though. T.b.h., I haven't come across an incident of a Lyra being retipped/refurbished; lots of Linns, Benzes and Ks but not Lyras. Wonder why, as I've had a Clavis and Helikon. Maybe it's the 25% trade in that proves a better deal.
Dom retipped my Lyra Lydian.

Dom retipped my Lyra Lydian.

Think that was (one of the?) first under the Lyra name, I believe. However, I had a Clavis in '95 so not sure, but it was, I think,, entry level, so I'm surprised it was worth a few hundreds of £££ to re-tip it, as the 25% t/in existed then.

Thanks for the replies all! I have prescribed myself a small vacation from PFM. See you later.

Thanks for the replies all! I have prescribed FOR myself a small vacation from PFM. See you later.

I know what you mean; it does draw one in a bit! Congrat's on your cart. refurb, Peter. Btw, the £ sign comes before the amount (like the euro).:)

Years back in an anxious state when installing a Sumiko I snapped the cantilever and the insurance company paid up although when asked about the location of the cantilever all I could say was that I could not find it in the carpet.

Sorry to hear about your problem, and very sorry to be seen to try to take advantage of someone else's misadventure, but is there any chance of buying the cantilever/stylus
when this is over Rosewind ? I try (not always successfully) to reconnect cantilevers with damaged MC cartridges and I have a couple of bodies I would like to experiment with.

advertisement

Back