advertisement

Campervan Insurance

CHE

pfm Member
Just bought a VW Shuttle to convert in to a campervan for joyfull holiday fun with Mrs CHE. I recall some thread that stated few companies would insure you for the period of the conversion at a 3rd party but can't currently find it. Accordingly, any recommendations for suitable insurance please ?

CHE

Try the Caravan Club and asking there. I still use their breakdown cover, as through them Greenflag will cover older vehicles, home and abroad, despite no longer being a member.

For stuff outside of a cookie cutter policy, speak to Adrian Flux. My VW California is LHD and many won’t touch it. It’s actually cheaper with Fkux than the RHD one I had!

Just be careful to insure to fully converted value, as many mainstream insurers won't (by default) and a conversion can cost £15k on top of the base vehicle, so need to ensure that's reflected in the insured value.

Just be careful to insure to fully converted value, as many mainstream insurers won't (by default) and a conversion can cost £15k on top of the base vehicle, so need to ensure that's reflected in the insured value.

Good point. I have an agreed value policy with Adrian Flux, a very straightforward process. Avoids any issue should the worst happen.

Try Brentacre also - I have a converted VW T6 which started off live as a Kombi Highline van. They were fine with it going through several iterations.

advertisement

Back