advertisement

Burt Reynolds RIP

He did have a very good life, quite an icon!

Who is the hamster (Richard Hammond) going to get his teeth modelled on now then?

RIP Mr Reynolds.

"smokey and the bandit" cash for car purchase scene made a massive artistic impact on me in my early teens.

a very charismatic and unique person who always seemed to have a decent sense of irony regarding his profession.

My favourite performances are Boogie Nights and Deliverance. He was made for the part in Boogie Nights and it transformed his reputation late in his career, though I gather he didn’t like the film or it’s director. Deliverance was an epic piece of 1970s cinema- saw it as a schoolboy and decades later it was still brilliant.

quite a character...seems he turned down a few decent films like james bond, hans solo in star wars, and pretty woman and Richard gere eventually got that part...

Deliverance was an epic piece of 1970s cinema- saw it as a schoolboy and decades later it was still brilliant.
Brilliant film and part of popular culture. I was heading for a tough meeting with a customer last week and said to the Ops Dir: It's going to be like bloody Deliverance in there. He grinned and replied: Yup. You gonna do some prayin' for me boy...
still a chilling line now.

advertisement

Back