advertisement

Burnt Weeny Sandwich!

Rupert Hawkes

pfm Member
It's long been one of my favourite albums. Started listening to it last night for the first time on my new Naim setup (cdx, 82, hicap, 250, headline, epos m22s, squeezebox) on crappo mp3 thru the squeezebox (problems with my rega at the moment) and was stunned how good it was.

Then listened to Theme From Burnt Weenie Sandwich though my old phones (planning on getting some Beyer DT 770 Pros) and was BLOWN AWAY with the layers and level of detail Zappa bothered to put in there and the fact that I could hear it.

AWESOME STUFF!

He is SADLY missed :-( :-( :-(

Probably one of my favs, it is an incredibly complicated album, do you have a lot of zappa? Probably closest in sound is Chungas Revenge.

garyi,

I think I have everything :) Seriously...

About 20 on LP and 20 on CD and the rest on MP3.

In fact in terms of closest in sound is Weasels Ripped My Flesh as it's constructed in a similar fashion from live/studio performances of the same band.

Having been a Zappa nut since hearing Freak Out aged 11 I was lucky enough to see him live about 12 times. I used to go to the afternoon and evening performances when he played in London and as the bands repetoire list was SOOOO big (he used to make sure the band could play 200 different songs) the shows would contains totally different tunes!

Don't upset me Rupert, when I discovered him he was dead, and I would have been too young anyhow.

One performer I would have dearly loved to see.

Have you checked out you tube for live stuff?

I have. Though I have several DVDs, Does Humour Belong In Music, Dub Room Special (GET IT NOW!!!), Baby Snakes, 200 Motels, plus many bootlegs and various documentaries.

I told you I was a Zappa nut right? I have 2 original 1967 posters (VERY RARE) plus a HUGE promo poster done for Apostrophe framed and on my walls.

Also I have JUST got a concert advert poster for the Mothers Of Invention for 9 December 1967. So what? IT'S MY ACTUAL BIRTHDAY!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....&item=320062784558&rd=1&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back