advertisement

Bullsh** claims by manufacturers? - share your best ones.....

Unfortunately, you are not right. Digital cables do sound different. And, believe, for many years I was exactly like you - digital is digital and bit is bit. And, I had two cables Oyaide and Chord, both proper 75ohm COAX. and sound delivered by them is different. Couldn't believe until I Heard it by myself in my system. I just borów the Chord from my friend just to make a test whether it will make any change.

The 303 has an output capacitor that will audibly affect deep bass.
The 405 mk1 used a poor opamp, had the dumper crossover too wide and intrusive SOA protection

All a little compromised

The 405 is capacitor coupled to the speakers as well, IIRC the current limit on the 405 is 6.5 amps, which should be ok for moderate listening levels.

The 405 is capacitor coupled to the speakers as well, IIRC the current limit on the 405 is 6.5 amps, which should be ok for moderate listening levels.

Considering 6.5 A is 170 W into 4 ohm, double that into 8 ohm, I would say it is OK for more than just moderate listening levels unless you have very low impedance speakers.

Only into a 8R resistor. Look at the schematic and note the 8k2 and 75R resistors reducing the current limit to zero at high phase angle loads and short circuits. This means 3A into a 4R resistor and less into a realistic ported speaker

Devialet are getting on my tits with their adverts claiming the Phantoms to be “the best sound in the world”... so which version of the Phantom then? All of them? It’s a pretty bold claim.

Devialet are getting on my tits with their adverts claiming the Phantoms to be “the best sound in the world”... so which version of the Phantom then? All of them? It’s a pretty bold claim.

Is that allowed nowadays? I remember back when Advertising Standards first came in, Carlsberg had to add the word "probably" to their "Best Lager in The World" adverts.

Is that allowed nowadays? I remember back when Advertising Standards first came in, Carlsberg had to add the word "probably" to their "Best Lager in The World" adverts.
It’s certainly pushing the boundaries! But I’ve seen it countless times in my Facebook newsfeed. If it were true though, nobody would need one of their amplifiers. I’ve no doubt that Devialet kit is very good... but the best in the world? I very much doubt it. Tough to beat from a price/convenience/performance standpoint? maybe.

Remember these?
Room resonators.

hero.jpg

''The source is in the speakers''
This is not Exakt! Unless they are talking about speakers in the recording studio.

advertisement

Back