advertisement

bulding the ultimate diy system

Let me save you some money and suggest you stop now. Your design objective is almost impossible. Your inexperience guarantees it. Can't you sense the mockery already?
now i understand, you are a failed poor man who can't afford to built good speakers, hence the bitching, unlike many people here i havn't wasting my money on pointless budget projects and then only getting a fraction of the money back when selling it. unlike most people in this thread i actually understand basic concepts of physics.

i guess your sub can't play even down to 20hz.

Let me save you some money and suggest you stop now. Your design objective is almost impossible. Your inexperience guarantees it. Can't you sense the mockery already?

No, you are wrong it is impossible. Just imagine how much air a 20 inch woofer would move as it waggles in and out at 1Hz. In and out once every second. Get a piece of hardboard 20 inches across and move it in and out at 1 Hz. What do you feel? A draft. The energy needed to move a significant amount of air at 1Hz is immense. Designing a transducer would be difficult, but connecting the device to the air in a room would be next to impossible.

now i understand, you are a failed poor man who can't afford to built good speakers, hence .

Hoho, yes you're quite right and I would never consider a pair of James crappy speakers....

LOL with sarcasm and quickly retreats to safety.

No, you are wrong it is impossible. Just imagine how much air a 20 inch woofer would move as it waggles in and out at 1Hz. In and out once every second. Get a piece of hardboard 20 inches across and move it in and out at 1 Hz. What do you feel? A draft. The energy needed to move a significant amount of air at 1Hz is immense. Designing a transducer would be difficult, but connecting the device to the air in a room would be next to impossible.
if air movemeant is desired all that needs to be added is some fans, it's a later project, i'm happy only feeling the pressure.

Ya what?

The port of my subwoofer can move tissue paper in front of it, but across the room, I'm getting bugger all "pressure".

What you need is an elephant or whale and a big tank of water.

i guess james was fired from his job designing speakers due to the result, sweden has a nice program for such persons(fas 3 in swedish).

now i understand, you are a failed poor man who can't afford to built good speakers, hence the bitching, unlike many people here i havn't wasting my money on pointless budget projects and then only getting a fraction of the money back when selling it. unlike most people in this thread i actually understand basic concepts of physics.

i guess your sub can't play even down to 20hz.
I'm poor only in my optimism of your aspiration, and the only thing I'm failing in is understanding your arrogance. Don't confuse bitching with mocking. Bitching would infer I care about your project. I don't.

personally I am having a quiet chuckle.

This thread reminds me of a nutter who claimed to have heard the best speakers in the world, but couldn't remember where or when and the name of either the manufacturer or the model. Similarly the technology was hard to pin down. This guy reappeared every now and again, with newbies trying their best to help him. i would have loved to have me him. Ben seems to come to mind.

I'm poor only in my optimism of your aspiration, and the only thing I'm failing in is understanding your arrogance. Don't confuse bitching with mocking. Bitching would infer I care about your project. I don't.
why posting then? get a life.

Not sure of the best speaker but the longest speaker was Onslow,
longest serving anyway,
house of commons that is.

Its comfy in here with all this padding...

maybe it was a mistake not to leave this thread earlier, have the company you worked at fired you yet?

i'm surprised companies are willing to employ people who doesn't understand basic physics.

why posting then? get a life.

People are posting in an effort to inform, educate and help you
because you say you understand the physics but it's clear that you don't.
You behave like a child when your errors are pointed out to you by resorting to insults.

maybe it was a mistake not to leave this thread earlier, have the company you worked at fired you yet?

i'm surprised companies are willing to employ people who doesn't understand basic physics.
You seem to have jumped to some implausible conclusions. I don't design or make loudspeakers for a living. I do far more important things in my real job.

Anjora, 2 weeks and 19 pages in you don't seem to have so much as sketched the cabinets or selected the drivers. For a man who seems to have all the answers I'm surprised you haven't finished the first one yet. BTW you really should bear in mind that James has made more high quality speakers than pretty well anyone else around here, and is extremely knowledgeable. Still, you have all the answers, so press on with your world-first 60kHz tweeters and 1Hz woofers, you may need quite a lot of plywood for the cabinet on the latter. James can advise the modelling software you should use.

Pass the popcorn, James.

Perhaps there are less controversial elements in the rest of this diy system that you are proposing Anjora. What do you propose for the amplification or music source. If you want 1Hz then you'll need to get the turntable suspension just right!

Joking aside, I'm interested in what you have in mind for these.

John

advertisement

Back