advertisement

Building a pair of Ergo IX micro-monitor speakers

Totally excellent work dude :D

The attention to detail required on a project such as this is remarkable and it certainly isn't a job to be rushed - you should be very proud and I'd love to hear them if I ever get a chance to visit.

I reckon you have a great pair of speakers there that'll certainly last at least until you build another pair. You just know it'll happen :)

Nick

Thanks :) All you need to do is book a flight dude, our door is always open (except when we're out and I lock it to stop thieving bastards from making off with my Ergos).

You may well be right about making more, too... I've already told Mrs Hacker that the main criteria for choosing our next house needs to be livingroom/speaker compatibility, preferably somewhere that could make full use of speakers with 15" bass units...

excellent work Carl- glad to hear you've got the bass sorted now. That's a stonking review there, & of your own speaker! highly rewarding I bet. I'd love to hear a pair now.

So what about the music? Well, the sound of these little speakers is far from little. They sound huge. More importantly, they're incredibly coherent, balanced, and highly enjoyable. The treble performance is beautifully refined, sweet, and together with a crystal-clear midrange particularly shines on well-recorded female vocals and acoustic music. The overall impression I'm left with is that everything about these speakers just gels together in harmony, creating a really enjoyable performance with anything I chuck at them. Amazing stuff, and I feel so rewarded for all the hard work, time, and money I've invested in making them.

James: thank you for sharing your design, your help, guidance and patience. You should be very proud of your work and I see why you coined the phrase "organicity"!
Carl,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm pleased to hear that your E-IXs are living up to my expectations. :D I must have learnt something about loudspeaker design after all the prior Ergos, huh?

Enjoy the rewards of your hard work.

James

advertisement

Back