advertisement

[WTD] Budget-priced DAC

Nagraboy

Ausculta fili
Looking for a modestly-priced DAC to use with my Metrum streamer which had optical and coaxia outputs. Old or modern DACs considered.

Thanks.

I’ve a Musical Fidelity M1-DAC in black. It’s the later model that does some Hi-res formats (the earlier model was limited to 48k I seem to remember).

Bought here as a stop-gap, no longer needed.

In excellent condition.

As a Nagra boy not sure your idea of budget is same as most but here goes if of interest - I’ve got a Schiit Modi plus a Schiit wyrd if you want an external cleaner power supply to go with it. I also have a Meridian explorer 2 and finally a Beresford tc 7510 (I think it’s that one but I’d need to check as it’s all boxed away).

I’ve a Musical Fidelity M1-DAC in black. It’s the later model that does some Hi-res formats (the earlier model was limited to 48k I seem to remember).

Bought here as a stop-gap, no longer needed.

In excellent condition.

They're a superb DAC too pal; only didn't go for one myself as I wanted a remote for volume control!

XLR outs IIRC

I have for sale a couple of vintage DACs which may suit your needs. an AMC DAC8 - 18 bit mid 90's DAC, 4 digital inputs (3 coax, 1 optical), all switchable. locks onto 32, 44.1 and 48MHz. Have used it over the years with a Rotel 965BX discrete (yes, it improved the sound of even that super CD player), with an Xbox-one and a TV on optical out, and most latterly as a DAC for an apple airport express (suprisingly good streaming set-up on a budget!). £90 inc postage. One missing button cover on front.
Also for sale a Arcam Black Box 2 (includes optical input). Philips TDA1541A dual-DAC according to Stereophile. Old - but I do like the sound (been my main CD player for well over 15 years). matching Delta170 transport for sale too if you wanted that. £150 inc postage for the DAC.
dm for pics

I have a Musical Fidelity V90 DAC (but cannot find the psu just now, but worth using a better one anyway, 12v dc) that is sitting about looking for a new owner.

Used with the tv for a time, and well regarded I believe.

Would this be of interest?

Musical-Fidelity-V90-DAC-9.jpg

Musical-Fidelity-V90-DAC-10.jpg

I have a Metrum Octave DAC which will suit your streamer nicely.

PM me if you think this DAC might hit the right note (so to speak).

I have a Benchmark DAC1 in Silver. The version without USB input and without the rack lugs

Lovely neat little DAC AES Input and Balanced out

eddie

when i was looking the topping e30 looked ok and can be used as a pre and had remote control and ok reviews.

Looking for a modestly-priced DAC to use with my Metrum streamer which had optical and coaxia outputs. Old or modern DACs considered.

Thanks.

Topping E30 mk1 (AKM chip) with a 5V battery pack power supply - remarkably musical DAC that redefined value for money IMHE

Also, in general, differences in DAC’s can be quite small compared to other parts of the chain

advertisement

Back