advertisement

budget 2017

hifinutt

hifinutt
"if you are wondering what to do in your lunch break on Wednesday, then a good idea is to brew a cup of tea, make a sandwich and watch the budget

It is the biggest single event of the year affecting your finances.

In his speech, the chancellor will announce the government's plans for tax and spending.

No major changes to income tax and National Insurance are expected, but more is expected about the government's plans for the housing market."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42054017

how will it affect your good selves i wonder

As a landlord I will be watching it with great interest.. One of our properties is currently empty, we have tenants lined up but nothing signed yet. If the news is very bad then we might sell

He's rather gaffe-prone, and there's a rumour he's going to drastically cut the VAT registration threshold for business from £85k to around £20k, which would be incredibly unpopular with 'White Van Man'.

As a landlord I will be watching it with great interest.. One of our properties is currently empty, we have tenants lined up but nothing signed yet. If the news is very bad then we might sell

so many are selling , which is bad news for those who can`t get a mortgage and need a house . mr osborne made life very difficult with his new tax rises and stamp duty imposition . hopefully your tenants will be able to move

It's a Tory budget so the main question is what crumbs (if any) from the rich man's table will he offer the plebs.

That's how I see it as well but he does have a problem with our moribund economy. He either has to increase taxes on something(s) or cut spending even more.

As a Diesel driver I am expecting to be pilloried in one way or another. I hope he puts the extra duty on fuel rather than more of these one-off charges however if he increases fuel duty (on Diesel) he increases everyone's costs.

It'll be an inflationary move, if so, though. Pretty much every item on sale relies on Diesel-powered transport somewhere along the line.

He's rather gaffe-prone, and there's a rumour he's going to drastically cut the VAT registration threshold for business from £85k to around £20k, which would be incredibly unpopular with 'White Van Man'.

I’m secretly hoping he is stupid enough to do that as it will likely be the end of the Tories as a political force as the legion of angry Mail reading cab drivers etc find they now need to budget for expensive accountants etc. I’m under even that lowly threshold so I’ll be fine!

Really? That'll swing them right back from UKIP / conservative to Labour then. That will cause total chaos for - crikey, must be millions of self-employed people and then their immediate family.

I get it for retail, but not for sole traders selling services.

Really? That'll swing them right back from UKIP / conservative to Labour then. That will cause total chaos for - crikey, must be millions of self-employed people and then their immediate family.

I get it for retail, but not for sole traders selling services.
It was rumoured a week or two ago. It might be one of those fake-leaks designed to make the Tories look as if they're "listening to people" when it doesn't happen.

i'm seeing a lot of chat about it....accounting is quite easy in Uk compared to here. But trying to get people to start doing VAT returns will surely result in people just going off the radar entirely or going bust and then signing on. Might as well just grow weed in the loft etc

I was reading today today that even a target of 300,000 houses per year is unlikely to result in prices dropping by much.

I would imagine anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows precisely how the budget will fare, he will take the usual Tory path of least resistance & punish anyone below a certain level in society, it works wonders as it keeps them in power, if it ain't broke...

I was reading today today that even a target of 300,000 houses per year is unlikely to result in prices dropping by much.

I was thinking more in terms of BTL landlords offloading housing stock, about which some on here seem to have got their knickers in a twist.

How can a single cut be justified in this budget when May is about to hand over 40 billion to the EU, I would personally tell the EU to go f^ck themselves & walk away from this ransom request.
I would like to ask the government where this amount has come from when the country is supposed to be clawing back a deficit.
The pot is clearly not empty.

40 billion's worth of blood money.

advertisement

Back