advertisement

buddy rich the man from planet jazz

Subharmonicon

pfm Member
Bought an original 1980 pie pressing for £6 in mint condition the other day. it really does sound amazing! a good system workout record.has anyone else got experience of this pressing?

Yes I have it, it was recorded at Ronnie Scott's, and it is very good. Here's a bit of fun, if you hold it up to the light you will see it is translucent red! I don't really know what that means but I have found that some of the better and "quieter" more dynamic records I have are on translucent vinyl, and many of my audiophile releases.

Yes I have it, it was recorded at Ronnie Scott's, and it is very good. Here's a bit of fun, if you hold it up to the light you will see it is translucent red! I don't really know what that means but I have found that some of the better and "quieter" more dynamic records I have are on translucent vinyl, and many of my audiophile releases.
cheers! I had never put under a light but have done just now and I can see the dark red! it was recorded with the island records mobile unit and of course straight to tape! :)

My copy of JJ Cale's Naturally is also a transluscent red, as are many copies of Joy Division's Closer. Dunno why. Records are naturally clear, being made of PVC, and were originally pigmented with carbon to reduce their ability to attract and hold dust.

advertisement

Back