advertisement

Bristol show 2017

I was ready to book a travel from Switzerland to UK for the Bristol show to hear the new Kudos speakers - but as I've switched to a different brand from Naim, I cancelled the visit.

I'll be there, on Sunday, anyone suggest the lightest day for numbers. The last two times I went on Friday, thinking honest folk would be working, but it was heaving with people. That's good in a way, more people interested in our niche hobby, lifestyle, life, but you spend all day squeezing in to rooms and apologising for treading on peoples toes. When you do get in, everyone is talking and you can't hear anything. So, anyway, I thought I'd try Sunday this time.

A bit of a cheeky request: is anyone heading to the Bristol show over the weekend prepared to collect, pack and post on to me in Suffolk (no rush and at my expense, obviously, with a bit extra to make it right for who does it), a wooden frame in the Bristol area? I'm looking at buying something which is collection only in the Bristol area, measuring about 42x35x12cm and weighing about 3 kilos, which would need to be picked up and posted on to me.

Drop me a PM if you may be able to help.

Apologies for the thread diversion (and for the cheeky request).

Drivers going beware, M32 into Bristol chaotic with roadworks!

Bloody nightmare this morning!

Allow extra time on journey

Should be a bit better tomorrow, some roads were closed today because of accidents from the high winds yesterday.

Good day today, saw lots of people I knew and got to introduce them to actual speaker and driver designers who could answer the hard questions not normally answered at this sort of show so a good day in all.

Everything worked as well which was a bonus!

Stefan

I was ready to book a travel from Switzerland to UK for the Bristol show to hear the new Kudos speakers - but as I've switched to a different brand from Naim, I cancelled the visit.

I don't think they are Naim exclusive....

They were fab, by the way.

highlights for me....spendor D7, not so much D9.
Hegel room, great sound and great demo plus good tech q&a from one of the designers.
Q acoustics concept 500.
The room with dual subs and the atc 19s I forget the name.
Sony headphones Z1R £2k, but WOW!!!

The usual issues, too crowded, too noisy etc but fun.

I forgot to mention the Neat room was also sounding promising.

Tip...if you sign up to the Sony email list you can get 30% off anything at the show. Those Z1Rs are looking mighty tempting! Easily better than my Grado 325ies (which I love).

absolutely fabulous show . really enjoyed it . good to see max and sue Townshend still there with their goodies . dave brook from MCRU always has some tempting stuff . really well worth going .

my favourite was the new kudos 707 prototype soon to go into production at 13,700 quid . lovely imaging and sense of realism . the naim system obviously doing a good job . the second time I heard them I had to go out as far too loud . these babies were pretty good waf factor weighing about 50kg and would fit well in many rooms. I believe there will be a 606

another little gem was this leema quasar all in one dac/amp/streamer which made a very good attempt with some atc 50 passive . at 13k for the system it was pretty good

next best for realism and texture was the audionote room with a m2 pre and 2 audionote power amps [I believe they were 18watts]

the new dynaudio contour at 7500 was big bold and very well finished and not bad at all

it was realty good to see esoteric at the show with a full rack of their very high end stuff with merecedes build jap mmade amps etc

so many good rooms and very enjoyable from spendor with the d9 , and the astin trew new amp

well worth a visit chaps

highlights for me....spendor D7, not so much D9.
Hegel room, great sound and great demo plus good tech q&a from one of the designers.
Q acoustics concept 500.
The room with dual subs and the atc 19s I forget the name.
Sony headphones Z1R £2k, but WOW!!!

The usual issues, too crowded, too noisy etc but fun.

Did you hear the A2s? Great value system with stonking bass, way beyond what you'd expect.

advertisement

Back