advertisement

Brighton shops

bazza

pfm Member
Going down to sussex next week any good record shops down there?particularly Brighton,
cheers
Barry

Loads in Brighton.

I would start in Trafalgar Street, and work your way down to the sea. Start at Wax Factor (loads of stuff, but waaay overpriced), don't miss the one at the bottom (name escapes me, and I've only been moved a couple of weeks) opposite Dominoes if you are into hiphop (and house spit). Head down Sydney street (at least 5 on there or roads off it - don't skip Infinite Records if you are into hiphop), then onto Kensington Gardens (at least 1 on there, plus snoopers paradise), then down Gardner Street (few on there - don't miss Borderline, my favourite for new stuff), then just head down to Dolphin Square for Rounder and Essential (tho' don't skip 52Recs on Church Street, I think, if hiphop is your thing).

David Slater did a list on his last visit, IIRC. He hit more in one day than I've visited in 10 years.

Sorry I missed the post, and it is too late!

I went down to Brighton by Sea again a few weeks ago, and some of my regular shops seem to have gone, but I still did:

Music Meltdown, Wax Factor, Covert Records, Edgeworld, Borderline, Essential, Rounders, Uptown etc.

There is also quite a few hip hop dealers, (not usually a great draw for me) also a punker bunker, and a semi decent HMV and Virgin, Dance 2 Records etc.

What has Bangin' Tunes turned in to? I didn't get to that, but it was closing down last time (Like Dance Music Trader recently)

Drew a blank on purchases in Worthing, Shoreham and Southwick.

DS

OTD - Ulf Lohfmann - On Frozen Fields

Ta for the suggestions;as it turned out time restraints meant that i didn't get chance to have a good look but the names and locations have been noted for future reference.
cheers
Barry.

advertisement

Back