advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, some good news.

Unless there is a calamity on either side it’s looking increasingly likely Colin B has been on the money all along.

Once UK and EU negotiators are finally clear which compromises the other is willing to make, then the hows and whens of announcing the deal come down to choreography and how to "sell" the deal.

Both sides have to be able to come away from the negotiating table pronouncing this a win.

Source: BBC

To save anyone the bother, obviously when the deal is agreed, and no matter what the deal is, the issue was never about getting a deal, it was about the deal not being as good as we have now.

I hope my English is understandable.

Anyway, some good news.

Unless there is a calamity on either side it’s looking increasingly likely Colin B has been on the money all along.

To save anyone the bother, obviously when the deal is agreed, and no matter what the deal is, the issue was never about getting a deal, it was about the deal not being as good as we have now.

Disagree. The prospect of no deal has been real for at least a year now. And did you see the thing up thread about law enforcement access to data sharing stuff. Don’t think that’s going to be sorted by a trade deal.

The bit about "selling" the deal to us doesn't fill me with hope.

Sounds like all sides are being lined up to be duped one more time.

Disagree. The prospect of no deal has been real for at least a year now. And did you see the thing up thread about law enforcement access to data sharing stuff. Don’t think that’s going to be sorted by a trade deal.
I didn’t say the prospect has not been real. I said it’s looking increasingly likely Colin B has got it spot on. He also maintained it wasn’t all over in October despite assurances here that it was. Kind of ironic that he’s been regularly labelled a thick moron by some people.

The bit about "selling" the deal to us doesn't fill me with hope.

Sounds like all sides are being lined up to be duped one more time.
To me that just sounds like both sides have compromised as part of a negotiation, something I said many times was necessary but was assured was idiotic bollocks. :D

Anyway, some good news.

Slightly undermined by the ending, don't you think? Looks like the only thing that has changed is a bit of hype. More caveats than Colin B.

"For now though, handle all talk about an imminent trade deal announcement with care.

It's true, there's little time left to negotiate. There are only six weeks till the end of the transition period. Not only must the deal be agreed by then, it also needs to have been signed off by parliament in the UK and the European parliament too.

But - until we know for sure that on those tough political compromises, the UK and EU have simultaneously held their nose and jumped - all the rumours and whispers you hear are just smoke and mirrors."

Trolling multiple targets symultaneously.
Massive :D

On a serious note, 2 people have asked me questions and I have replied to them both in good faith. Explain why you call that trolling multiple targets and whatever that last word was.

Slightly undermined by the ending, don't you think? Looks like the only thing that has changed is a bit of hype.

"For now though, handle all talk about an imminent trade deal announcement with care.

It's true, there's little time left to negotiate. There are only six weeks till the end of the transition period. Not only must the deal be agreed by then, it also needs to have been signed off by parliament in the UK and the European parliament too.

But - until we know for sure that on those tough political compromises, the UK and EU have simultaneously held their nose and jumped - all the rumours and whispers you hear are just smoke and mirrors."
I said, increasingly likely.

I want there to be a deal. Maybe my default is a bit more upbeat than your default of total misery.

I want there to be a deal. Maybe my default is a bit more upbeat than your default of total misery.

Christ if my default is more miserable than yours I really am in trouble. "Upbeat" is not something I can see you being accused of here too often, we must enjoy this while it lasts.

To me that just sounds like both sides have compromised as part of a negotiation, something I said many times was necessary but was assured was idiotic bollocks. :D
I see what you mean. I had in mind all sides of the debate in the UK where I suspect most will be displeased with any deal.

Let me help with that, you will definitely be able to tell if I'm happy with a deal - because you, Colin B and ET definitely won't be.

The BBC will probably be interviewing Farage for his opinion, within seconds. That will be another sign.

I didn’t say the prospect has not been real. I said it’s looking increasingly likely Colin B has got it spot on. He also maintained it wasn’t all over in October despite assurances here that it was. Kind of ironic that he’s been regularly labelled a thick moron by some people.
My response wasn’t about that bit, it was about your assertion that the issue was never about getting a deal, it was about the deal not being as good as we have now. For the last year, perhaps more, there’s been a real prospect of a no deal Brexit. That’s an issue for me, and I’m sure I’m not alone.

Let me help with that, you will definitely be able to tell if I'm happy with a deal - because you, Colin B and ET definitely won't be.

The BBC will probably be interviewing Farage for his opinion, within seconds. That will be another sign.
I’m sure you’re right because the only deal you’ll be happy with is not leaving the EU, but we must leave the EU.

Too late anyway, so we need a deal. When I see it I will decide what I think of it and not before.

My response wasn’t about that bit, it was about your assertion that the issue was never about getting a deal, it was about the deal not being as good as we have now. For the last year, perhaps more, there’s been a real prospect of a no deal Brexit. That’s an issue for me, and I’m sure I’m not alone.
My assertion is what I predict will be the reaction from quite a few people posting in this thread to any deal. This will go on and on and on.

My assertion is what I predict will be the reaction from quite a few people posting in this thread to any deal. This will go on and on and on.
When they confirm a deal which is superior to the one the UK had as members of the EU, I'll be big enough to unashamedly praise it.

Compromise on both sides will be needed to reach an agreement that allows the UK and the 27 to get on with their lives. Christmas hols are not far away and the 27 still need to agree the mff for the next 7 years which starts 1st Jan. which is a little tight but that is how they operate.

Slightly undermined by the ending, don't you think? Looks like the only thing that has changed is a bit of hype. More caveats than Colin B.

I did say there would be a deal in December back in March or April? Have you selected the charity for your £20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back