advertisement

Breaks Co-op

JTC

PFM Villager...
Anyone into these guys? Got dragged by my nearest & dearest to hear them a week back, they were quite decent live. Wondered what the album is like (haven't heard it yet).

They're playing at a small venue near me soon so I'm interested in opinions too.
"Quite decent" doesn't sound like a glowing recommendation though... Would you see them again in, say, 6 months time if they were to return?

The albums a grower and I play it more than I thought I would, except the annoying high-pitched noise on track 8. Vaguely reminicent of CSN&Y in the vocal harmonies.

Recommended.

No, they were good - it's just that I (a) didn't know their stuff, and (b) wasn't in the mood for a gig. Not to mention (c) it was a very cramped, hot, sticky venue, and (d) I had a pregnant wife to 'protect' from drunks. So, no, not my ideal gig scenario, but I think I'd see them again. Would prefer to hear their album first though.

jay said:
Anything from NZ is good. I thought you guys understood that?

;)

What about Winston Peters then? ;)

The Black Seeds are also worth checking out - new album just released as well.

Simon

Betchadupa were a NZ disappointment for me - a lot of genetic Finn potential that was hidden somewhere under a macho "turned up to 11" blast of volume and rawk posturing. Boys will be boys....

edgreen said:
Betchadupa were a NZ disappointment for me - a lot of genetic Finn potential that was hidden somewhere under a macho "turned up to 11" blast of volume and rawk posturing. Boys will be boys....

Agreed. Nothing inspirsed there...

What about Bic Runga?

advertisement

Back